Daily vloggers used to search for How long does it take to get 4000 watch hours? How to increase watch time on YouTube to 4000 hours? How to get 100 views on youtube fast? How to promote youtube video? Most popular YouTube channel ideas that drive more attention? How many watch time minutes do you need on YouTube? How to increase total views on YouTube? How many views do you need to monetize on YouTube? How to boost YouTube watch hours in 12 months? Where can I post my video to get more views? What does watch time on YouTube mean?
To apply monetization for your Youtube channel, you need to get reviewed after reaching 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. Let's understand some stats first —Before we actually consider the points, we need to understand some calculations so as to make the 4000 hours of watch time possible. Let's start the calculation by converting 4000 hours into minutes. How much will it be? It will be for 2,40,000 minutes. Going further if we decide to calculate the per month watch time, then as we have 12 months in the year it will be 20,000 minutes per month. So 20000 minutes of watch time is possible even with an average ordinary video that is liable to go viral.
If you think your videos are not that much interesting, then you can increase the number of videos which are liable to get normal to medium views. For those who still think that 20000 minutes still look more, for them also it's very simple to understand if they get 5000 views per month on 4 minutes duration video (5000 views x 4 minutes = 20000 minutes watch time). Making it more sophisticated if you post 2 videos of 4 minutes duration, you will need 2500 views. But remember all viewers must watch full videos.
Let's do some more calculations to understand the fastest way to get youtube views more properly. Suppose you are a still a struggling or new youtuber and your videos are still not getting more views. Let's assume that each of your videos gets average 50 views. Each of your videos is 4 minutes long. If each of those 50 views does watch your full 4 minutes video will give you a 200 minutes watch time per video. According to this, you need to post 25 videos per month to get 5000 views (5000 views x 4 minutes = 20000 minutes watch time per month). That means 6 to 7 videos per week. If each of your 4 minutes video gets 100 views, then you will get 400 minutes of watch time per video and according to that, you will need 12 to 13 videos per month (3 videos per week) to get 20000 minutes of watch time as per above calculation. If each of your 4 minutes videos gets an average of 200 views, then you will need to post 6 to 7 videos per month. That means 1 or 2 videos per week. So it depends a lot more on the number of views you get and the number of videos you post.
Obviously, I agree that many people don't watch a full-length video but also remember that few of your videos can get a bit more than an average number of views and that might help to balance equation. Even there is a possibility that your old videos may get views still. So to build youtube views posting every new video will add to the total. The older videos can fall off over time, but not totally useless.
How To Get 4000 Watch Hours of YouTube FastCheck out nine best ways to get 4000 watch hours on youtube fast and apply monetization in a month:
1. Post more videos frequently.I think I have almost explained this point in the above stat section. More the number of videos you upload, less number of views each of your videos requires to reach your target.
If you have 100000 videos on your channel, you need 2 to 3 views per video per year to reach your target and in case you have 240000 videos, you need only a single view per video per year. That might sound unusual but it's a fact and you can't ignore that.
In order to keep your blog on time and more eligible for organic search, Google expects you to post a minimum of one post per week. Same way if you want to keep your youtube channel in the hunt, Google expects you to post regular videos. From this, you can understand that it's all about consistent postings.
You must know; 15 Effective Ways PROMOTING YOUR BLOG On Social Media
2. Playlist.The playlist consists of a series of videos. It enables the creator with an important function that is Autoplay. Autoplay system plays the next video in the list automatically within a few seconds as soon as the first video ends. That keeps binding the viewer with the channel and by the time they get bored, they would have seen 4, 5 or even more videos. So when viewers see more videos in succession, so playlist highly increases the watch time.
Sometimes people press the home button directly in the middle of the video or as soon the first video completes, in such cases, the video keeps playing for a while and that benefits to count that watch time also. Therefore it is beneficial to link to playlists. You can place a playlist option in the description and at the top of the comments section also.
You may also like to know; 30 YouTube Secret Features & Tricks That Improves The User Experience
3. Keep experimenting with video length.Sometimes people tend to leave watching a longer video in the middle before it ends as they like shorter videos to watch. It's a fact that short length videos can get you more number of views but sometimes it may fail to give complete information for what a viewer is looking for. And if these things happening then the viewers might leave the channel and go elsewhere to get what they want.
The people who make use of mobile devices to watch videos feel conservative to watch 10 minutes video and might getaway. Such things happen more when they are not into the video or they want to watch but they fill that the video is boring. It is very difficult to let people watch an hour-long video. Most of the viewers leave it right away after the first few minutes. But if they watch, it will give you more number of watch time.
Length of the video and interest of a viewer depends totally upon the nature of the content.
If people love your content they will be interested to watch even a 15, 20 or an hour video but if they don't like a short video also might get an early drop-off. So don't go for asking any advice about video length that is better, short or long. It's always better to keep experimenting yourself with the video length that suits better for your content and your audience as well.
Check out; Top 15 Best Strategies For Building a Successful YouTube Channel Professionally
4. Attractive metadata.YouTube metadata is a bunch of certain things. As like for a blog post, it has a video title, description; especially the keywords are important too, as like old meta keywords for SEO.
The custom thumbnail is another one most important aspect of metadata which along with the title lets viewers hang in there in the video even before they are actually on the page.
Remember to go after YouTube's rules for metadata in order to get your video registered and monetized as you have worked a lot for it.
You must know; Top 5 Best Ways To Grow Your YouTube Channel Fast
5. Say yes to good views and no to bad views.Some thinking about buying video views as an option to get a number of views, but no one can guarantees that it will always be useful. Remember its views not watch time and many view sellers take advantage of this. Each view will be there only for 30-60 seconds with only one moto to increase the YouTube view count and that is not actually useful for your channel.
As watch time really worths, in case you are looking to buy watch time, be sure to get what you are actually looking for (watch time, not anything else). YouTube is capable of draining out fake views and that results in a decrease in your watch time by how long the view was. Even the worst thing is they will fine you & your channel if they think you are having bad views.
RECOMMENDED: TubeBuddy: Best YouTube Toolkit To Grow & Manage Channel
6. Content.It is a bit difficult to create unique content as there are so many channels or videos on YouTube. Let's consider not much but few of them may relate to your content. The one who creates more interesting and pleasing content gets most of the traffic. Most of the time it is someone who is already settled and therefore the competition gets more tougher, but still, you need to stay there.
To stand out different from your competition, you need to decorate your content more differently. Be you, choose your way of expressing. Try to express your content in a more simple way which is easy to understand. Make the highest quality interesting and pleasing content to get most of the traffic.
You may also like to know; 12 Most Effective Ways How To Earn Money From YouTube
7. Work in coordination.Find channel owners who are interested to work in coordination with you and do so. There are some channels that work in conjunction to do things that best suit both their viewers.
Come together to share each other's content with your respective viewers. It will be more beneficial if you are able to retain other viewers. It gives you a great chance to display your content to different viewers.
More you associate with other channels, the more will be the viewers, subscribers and also more watch time.
Check; Top 7 Best Google Adsense Alternatives For YOUTUBE CHANNEL
8. Live stream.It's a fact that people like to spend more time on live video than regular video. The reason being its live communication.
So live stream on YouTube does provide you with a lot of watch time hours.
9. Trending or evergreen?People are always desperate to know the trending things. They are not interested in going in the past, they love watching trending topics. So creating something on trending things can bring a load of traffic to your channel and so as for watch time. This rise in watch time helps you for a whole year to reach your target.
A few trending topics and you have done 4000 hours for a year. But such things don't last long, they are temporary. Therefore you need to grab the chance accordingly.
In contrast to the trending stuff, the evergreen content doesn't have the potential to give a sudden rise to fulfill your target but it does help you every passing month. An evergreen video with 1000 views for the first week gives 10 views per week from there on can be quite helpful. It is even possible that it gives a steady 100 to 200 views per month for the whole year and if this happens, it will be pretty much easier for you to get your 4000 watch time.