But still, how many of us do know all the functions of WhatsApp or how it can be more convenient, interesting and useful. Do you know that you can make it more personal, you can get to remember all your important event dates that come on your WhatsApp.
Today here I'm going to share a full list of WhatsApp tricks and tips that will help you to use WhatsApp app fully. Check out new and hidden WhatsApp features list by knowing you will be amazed. You can now easily get back all the hidden WhatsApp chat conversation on your mobile again. Here I'm posting not only tips but those WhatsApp typing tricks and tips, with that, you can use WhatsApp font and change text styles & if you want to amaze your friends by your WhatsApp messages then you must know WHATSAPP TYPING TRICKS & WHATSAPP TRICKS PICTURE which will blow your mind.
Check out WhatsApp tricks online, essential tips & hacks you must try right now. Also mentioned secret WhatsApp tricks that nobody knows till now. Go and read the secrets tricks of WhatsApp that can update you to the next level. These skills will save you time, give you an edge on your competitors, and increase your overall WhatsApp performance.
51 Whatsapp Tricks And Tips You Must KnowHere's a comprehensive list of most wanted WhatsApp tips, tricks, and hacks you should know; listed 50 cool tricks inside WhatsApp messenger:
1. Get rid of blue tick marks.Whenever I WhatsApp a message to anyone, I repeatedly focus on the two tick marks (called WhatsApp Read Receipts). Have they turned blue or not. Blue means the person has read my message and I expect something in return. If no one replies, I really get angry as like they are trying to avoid me. If you also have the same kind of problem you can stop them from turning blue tick even after you read the message.
Just go to WhatsApp settings >> account >> privacy >> and turn off the 'Read Receipts'.
2. Know who read your messages.In a group chat, you can't see the two tick marks unless and until everyone in the group reads your message and that's not possible every time. But even after that, you can know who has read your message and who is neglecting you.
Android users can just hold on a message that they have sent and select 'info' whereas;
the iOS users can just swipe left on a message. This shows to whom your message has been delivered and also who have read it.
Check out; Check Who Has Read Your WhatsApp Group Messages [WhatsApp Tricks]
3. Don't want to show your profile pic?Some of my friends sometimes don't want to show their Whatsapp profile pic when they get a family pic or something you can think a weird. WhatsApp provides an option for such privacy also.
Go to settings >> privacy >> profile photo and then you can select one the option from 'nobody', 'everyone', 'my contacts'.
4. Mute group conversation.One of my close friends added me to his WhatsApp group. As soon he added me, the messages started coming heavy and fast. It was really disturbing for me and as he was my close friend I couldn't leave the group.
So to overcome the problem of bulk group messages, I just muted the group chat. You also can do this easily. Tap and hold on a group, you will see a mute sign over there just tap on it. You can mute the notifications for 8 hours, 1 week or 1 year.
5. Last seen.When you don't reply to anyone's message, then people use to focus on your 'last seen' status. It shows when you were online. If your last seen status shows you were online a few minutes before and if you have not read any closed one's message then they might misunderstand that you are ignoring them. So to avoid such headache you can turn your 'last seen' status off.
Go to Settings >> account >> privacy, here you can see the option for last seen which you can TURN OFF.
6. Be selective.Group chatting has become a trend now. Almost every person tries to create own group and add closed ones to it. It won't be wrong if I say that the groups are more than individual contacts. It is difficult and most importantly time-consuming to reply to each group. To be selective, you can set different message tones to different groups.
Go to particular group chat and select group info, now select custom notifications and tick mark on "Use custom notification". Here you can see the notification tone which you can set different for different groups for your convenience.
7. Pin IMP chats.Everyone has a weakness to forget some things, like yesterday I forgot to take a thing, my wife did wish of. That led to more expenses. If you don't want to face such horrible trouble, you can pin the important chats. So when you see the WhatsApp, you will get reminded as the pinned messages stay at the top.
Just hold on the chat and press the pin sign at the top.
8. Draw & add emojis on the pics.A picture says it all. But if you want to make it still more valuable, you can make use of emoji or draw something over your pic.
Select a pic from the gallery that you want to send and make use of the icons at the top of the screen.
You can add emoji, draw something over the pic or add words.
9. Auto Backup your messages.Some messages are really precious. No one wants to lose them. Considering this user's concern WhatsApp offers a back up for your messages. For iPhone: go to setting >> chats >> chat backup.
The 'iCloud' is the backup option for iPhone users where messages are backed up automatically on a daily/weekly/monthly basis with an option you choose, to back up with or without videos.
For Android: the process is the same for Android users as iPhone. Here the messages are backed up to 'Google Drive' easily.
You can choose the option to auto-backup all your chat messages at midnight after 3.00am.
10. Remove 'Forwarded' label.Very few people send their own thoughts, otherwise, WhatsApp is full of 'forwarded' messages. Most of the people don't even read the complete message and forward as it is. WhatsApp has recently started showing 'forwarded' label on every message that someone forwarded. This allows people to know the message is forwarded or self-written.
If you don't want to let people know that your message is forwarded then you can make a screenshot of the message, crop, edit and then forward to anyone or copy that message, paste and send. It won't show that your message is forwarded.
11. Data usage.Most of us now are having a daily 1GB and more data plan with their carrier. So it is not to worry about how much data has been used. But for those who still prefer to use less than 1GB data for a whole month, data usage is a thing to take care of for them.
Its because sending heavy images or lengthy videos can flash off their monthly data even in a single day. But there is a way to stop spending unnecessary data on heavy images and videos.
Go to setting >> data and storage usage and change the setting to how you want your received media to get downloaded. When using mobile data, connected to WiFi or when in roaming.
12. Make calls also.It is not only a messenger app, but you can also make calls through WhatsApp.
Tap on the 'calls' option at the top of the app and select a contact you want to call. You can also make a call by selecting a particular contact in chat and then clicking on the call option (either video or voice) at the top of the respective chat.
Be sure to remember that the quality of the call depends upon the network connectivity & strength.
13. Save data on calls.Though calling through WhatsApp is convenient, it can cause more data or internet. This is a thing of concern for low data users. But don't need to worry now as you can save the setting by choosing the option for 'low data usage' in data and storage usage.
14. Reply to WhatsApp messages on the laptop.Considering some of the health disadvantages of smartphones, mostly I prefer to keep my phone away from me. While working, it comes in handy too. But still, I have to look at some important messages. Previously I needed to pick my phone to read WhatsApp messages while working but now I have set up my WhatsApp on my laptop. So I don't need to pick my phone to read WhatsApp messages any more now. You also can set this setting, only be sure it won't lead to distraction.
Open the official site: web.whatsapp.com on your computer's web browser, start WhatsApp on mobile and open WhatsApp Web in the options list. Then scan the QR code on your laptop from phone and enjoy WhatsApp on your laptop.
15. Keep messages private.As you can see each and every message on WhatsApp is private. When a message pops up it shows who's the message is along with what's the message. If your phone is on the table with some people around you, it won't be a private. But it is possible to turn off the preview part of the message which only shows who has messaged you and the message a person has sent.
Go to setting >> notifications and turn off 'use high priority notifications', & you can set it for groups also.
16. Hide status specifically.You can hide your new status from certain friends or contacts easily. You can choose the people who can see your status updates.
Go to status >> three-dots at upper right corner >> Status privacy >> select the contacts as you want.
17. Direct reply.To reply to a message we need to drag down the notification bar and select that message. But today's generation needs things to happen in quick. So here is a faster way to reply to a message.
Go to settings >> notifications >> pop up notification and then select anyone from 4 options. This is relevant for both individual and group chats.
Sorry for iOS users it's not applicable for them.
18. Add boldness to your text.Recently WhatsApp has added an option to highlight your text bold, italic and strikethrough effects.
WhatsApp has also enabled a secret option to type in one of the oldest most famous fonts, named 'FixedSys', that was used first time in Windows 1.0 in 1985.
To make use of these options, you need to put some symbols on either side of a word or phrase.
- *asterisks* makes your word bold,
- _underscores_ changes your word to be italics
- And for strikethrough, you can make use of ~tildes~
19. Chat in private.It is a bit hectic to reply to each and everyone in group chat as the message do come too fast. If you want to reply to a specific message from a specific friend only then it becomes even more hectic in group chat. But thank god WhatsApp has a solution over it. You can chat privately without leaving the group chat.
Long press on a message you want to reply to in private and click on the three dots at the top of the chat. Now you will see two options 'reply privately' and 'message XXXX(person name). Choose any one and start replying privately.
20. Change chat wallpaper.Wallpaper is the best thing to let your mobile chat screen look pretty nice. Not only for your mobile screen but also you can put the best wallpaper for your WhatsApp chat. You can also set the best wallpapers to your favorite chats like a best friend, wife, son, daughter, etc.
For iOS: settings >> chats >> chat wallpaper and select what you want to set as your wallpaper. For Android: select that three-dot option at top of the chats then settings >> chats >> wallpaper.
For individual chats simply click on the three dots and select wallpaper.
21. Let Siri read your messages.If your hands are busy and there is no one to read your message for you, then there is Siri to read the message for you. This function is applicable to iOS users only at this time. You need to set some things for the first time you ask for help. Thereafter you can enjoy it over voice.
To start this setting, say 'Hey Siri, read my last WhatsApp message' and Siri will do it for you. Your phone should be unlocked and allow Apple permission to read WhatsApp data. Thereafter you can ask Siri to read the last message you got and you can reply to that message over the voice too.
22. Express with Gifs.Sometimes words give double meaning so it is not in your hand that what kind of meaning the opposite person gets from it. So it becomes more difficult to express yourself properly at some sensitive times. But thanks to WhatsApp it has given an option for GIF pictures in it. With the help of gif, you will be able to express yourself properly.
To send a gif iOS users can click on the + sign and select photo & video library. This shows your camera roll but at the bottom of left-hand corner, there is an option for gif. Click and send. Android users can make use of this function by clicking on the emoji icon on the left side. It will bring you all the emojis and below it, you will see there is an option as a gif. Click on it to enjoy sending the gif to your friends.
23. Search a message.Sometimes we like some messages and we decide to forward it when there will be a relevant timing. But we might forget who has sent that message at the time we want to forward that message to someone. We emphasize on the brain to remind who has sent us that message but didn't really get it most of the times. In such a case the search button provided by WhatsApp can be handy.
Type some text you can remind from that message in the search button placed at the top of the WhatsApp chat. This will bring you the messages containing that text you typed. The more specific text you type, the more specific results you will get.
24. Admins only.WhatsApp group is the best way to invite all your friends at a time for special occasions. Just for suppose, a friend has invited you and all the other friends to his birthday party through WhatsApp group chat. The point is you didn't have saved the address. While leaving for the event, you try to have a look at the address but as you are in a group chat and every friend has replied to that message you have to scroll down too much to get that invitation message. But not worry WhatsApp does save the message. But if the group Admin had set the setting as 'only Admins can send the message' then those who are not the Admins couldn't have replied and you could have got the invitation message easily and it's a good idea as there will be no fake and fraudulent messages from foolish people in the group.
Go to group info >> edit group setting and select 'only Admins'.
25. Delete your message.Some times in a hurry we send a wrong message or to wrong (unexpected) person by mistake. As soon as you realize you can delete that message. But we should act within seven minutes or before the tick marks turn blue. The message can be deleted from you and the receiver's message log also.
Long hold on that message and choose 'delete'. Make sure you choose to delete for everyone. WhatsApp shows a notification 'this message was deleted' to the receiver to know you deleted the message. You can then say sorry for that.
26. Mark your message as unread.Some of the people have a good habit of reading most of the WhatsApp messages, but sometimes in a hurry or due to some other reasons, they forget to reply. For such people, they can mark the message as unread so that they can get back to that message again when they have time or when they want.
iOS: swipe over the message from left to right. You will see a blue dot when you mark it as unread. The dot will disappear when next time you see the message or repeat the procedure to mark it as read.
Android: long press on a chat and select the mark as an unread option from the top-right menu. A green dot will appear when you mark it as unread.
27. Reply to a specific message.In a group chat, a message may soon become a history even before you think to reply it. Even after that when you reply it will be like getting suppressed below the dump and no one might even see it. But if you quote it, you can get your message noticed.
Particularly, iOS users can swipe right on the message they want to reply to. For android long press on the message and click reply sign at the top of the chats.
28. 'Star' a message.A friend invited me to his marriage anniversary function a few days before. He sent me the function hall address where it was going to happen after some days. Thereafter we were chatting on WhatsApp daily, therefore lots of messages were overlapped on that particular message of hall address. The day I wanted to leave for the function, I had to look at the address once again. But I had to scroll down too many messages & there were lots of messages. I finally got that but since then I learned to 'star' the important message so that whenever necessary I can get it back easily.
For iOS: long-press or double-tap on a message you want to star and press on the 'star' sign to star it. To get the started message again, click on the starred messages.
For Android: long press on the message and click on the star sign. To get the starred messages again click on the three dots and go to starred messages.
29. Shortcut to chat.Very often I message my best friends & regular touch with them. The reason being I have created chat shortcuts on my home screen.
Long press on the chat (group or individual) you want to create a shortcut for. Now tap on the three dots in the right corner of the menu. Select 'Add chat shortcut' to add a shortcut to your favorite chats.
It's for android only.
30. Share your live location.Along with photos, videos, documents, contacts you can also share your location on WhatsApp. It becomes helpful when you are meeting someone somewhere. You can share your current and live location also so that person can track your trip progress.
For iOS: Tap the + sign to the left of the chat and select location.
For Android: Tap on the pin (paperclip) sign to the right in the chat and select location. Now you can share your live or current location.
31. Know with whom you connect too much.Who do you think is your favorite person to chat on WhatsApp. The person you message the most. Yes, there is a trick to know that.
You can know to whom you message the most and the amount of storage chat takes. It also allows you to know how much messages, photos, contacts, GIFs, etc. you have shared.
In iOS & android: setting >> data and storage usage >> storage usage and select contact.
32. Double your security.Someone may want to double the security for WhatsApp chats. A bit unfortunate for the Android user as this trick doesn't work for them but iOS users can enjoy double security with Face ID and Touch ID authentication even after the device is unlocked.
No matter your WhatsApp is locked, you can still reply to messages and calls. You can also set the time duration, after how much time you want the screen lock feature to get off.
Only for iOS: Settings >> account >> privacy >> screen lock and select from Face ID and Touch ID. Set the time duration (immediately, after a minute, after 15 minutes, after an hour)
33. Prevent media to appear in the gallery.Everyone likes to send and receive photos and videos on WhatsApp. On iOS it is saved to the camera roll whereas, on Android, a separate folder is generated in the gallery by default. But someone might not like the photos and videos to appear in the phone's gallery. Then they can turn it off. Don't allow WhatsApp videos and photos to appear in your phone's gallery
For iOS: settings >> chats >> switch off save to camera roll. For Android: settings >> chats >> switch off media visibility.
34. Stop auto-download.If you have a low data and if you have set it to the auto download, you will be always worried about downloading large size photos or videos. It might eat all your data once you turn ON the Internet.
To save your data on unnecessary videos and photos, you can turn off the auto-downloading in settings.
Settings >> Data and storage usage >> media auto-download. Now you can choose as per your choice.
35. Turn off auto-download for a specific chat.You can turn off auto-downloading for specific chat also.
Chat >> specific chat >> click on contact name >> Media Visibility.
36. Know your WhatsApp data report.In case you want to know the data that WhatsApp collects on you, just download and view data report. For iOS and Android: settings >> account >> request account info >> request report.
37. Say with your voice.If your hands are busy or you are really in a hurry and don't have time to type a long message, then don't worry WhatsApp can help you. You can reply with voice messages to your chats.
iOS & Android: chat >> specific chat >> press and hold on the microphone at the right side of the message box to record your message. Only remember that the message will be sent once you release your finger from the microphone. If you don't want this to happen, WhatsApp provides a trick for this also.
Press and hold on the microphone (now you will also see a lock above the microphone) record your message and swipe above (towards lock). Now your message will be locked and then press the send button, it will be sent.
38. Archive chat.It helps to hide a chat from your chat screen. Don't worry, It won't be deleted, it will only be removed from your main chat screen. When you wish to see your archived chats, just scroll down the chats and you will see an option 'archived', click on it and you are there on your archived chats. You can archive individual as well as group chats.
iOS: chats >> specific chat >> swipe from right to left >> archive Android: chats >> long-press on the chat you want to archive >> click on archive sign on top of the chats.
39. Delete chat.If you don't want to show any of your chat on WhatsApp screen, you can opt to delete that specific chat.
iOS: chats >> specific chat >> swipe from right to left >> click on three dots >> Delete Chat. Android: chats >> specific chat >> click on delete sign.
40. Clear chat.If you want to clear the messages but don't want to delete the contact from WhatsApp screen you can do this by using clear chat option.
Chats >> specific chat >> click on three dots >> more >> Clear Chat.
41. See unread messages without going in WhatsApp.This is for iOS users only. They can add 'Recent Chats widget' to their phone to see the unread messages from the contacts. Maximum 8 recent chats appear there in the 'Recent Chats' widget. The iOS users need to swipe from left to right from home screen to see those unread messages. This widget shows the number of unread messages from a particular chat.
To read the message, iOS users only need to click on that specific chat that they want to read.
Swipe left to right from home screen >> pull down to edit the icon at the bottom >> add WhatsApp Recent Chats icon.
42. Broadcast.When you send a message in a group chat and you get a reply then everyone in the group will see the replied message. But if you create a broadcast list and send a message, every listed receiver can see your message but it's only for you & that receiver and not other contacts in a broadcast list who can see their reply (It's like BCC used for email).
Chats >> three dots >> click on new broadcast >> select contacts.
You should select at least two contacts while creating a broadcast list.
43. How to know if you are blocked.There are few ways to know this,
- You are unable to see the last seen (when the person was last online)
- You are unable to see new avatar image in contact's profile
- The messages you send are ticked once (sent) and not twice (not delivered)
44. Identify the fake number.Anyone can make use of a 'free number'. If you want to check whether it is a fake or not, you can call that number. Such free numbers always seem to offline or not active.
45. Switch loudspeaker to phone speaker auto.You can mute your voice message on loudspeaker easily. It's a very simple trick and you don't have to change any setting for this. Just hold the handset to your ear and you will see WhatsApp has changed the loudspeaker mode to the inner speaker.
46. Export chat.Export chat means to save chat history. There are some chats you don't want to lose and you want to save them for future use. The WhatsApp chats are backed up saved every day to phone's memory automatically. But if you don't want to lose your important chats after uninstalling the WhatsApp, you can use 'export chat' to save your chats. You can do it through email. Note that, this backup can not be used to restore the backup again in chats.
Setting >> chats >> chat history >> export chat >> select contact >> choose between including media or only send text and emoji. This takes you to the email app where the message will be automatically saved as drafts.
47. Two-step verification.When you change your phone and newly install WhatsApp, by default it asks for your number and one-time password. Two-step verification means, if someone is having your sim card and trying to access your WhatsApp on other devices, it will then again ask for a six-digit pin which you need create in two-step verification. Means no one can access your Whatsapp on other devices even when they have your SIM.
Setting >> account >> two step verification.
48. WhatsApp without any number?Yes, it's possible.
- Uninstall WhatsApp first.
- Again download it from play store.
- Switch on flight mode.
- Now download spoof messages app from play store.
- Install it.
- Begin installation.
- But that doesn't allow you to verify through the Internet and will ask to choose alternate SMS method.
- Select check through SMS and add your email.
- Now without wasting any time, instantly click on cancel so that the authorization process gets stopped.
- Open spoof messaging app and add details given below.
From: +(country code)(phone number)
Message: your email address
49. Spy on other's WhatsApp.Some people are very interested to know about other's personal things and if you see, people are sharing everything on WhatsApp. If you want to spy on someone's WhatsApp, do this.
- Download whatsweb app from play store and install.
- Open whatsweb app (you will see a QR code.
- Now open the person's WhatsApp you want to spy on.
- Click on the three dots and open feature.
- You will be asked to scan a QR code.
- Scan the QR code from whatsweb app from the person's phone and its done.
50. Add important date to the calendar.If you have the habit of forgetting important dates especially those mentioned in WhatsApp chats, then you can automatically create an event of that date directly from WhatsApp. This trick acts for iOS users only.
iOS: long press on the date in the chat >> create an event.
51. Become a tester.Beta version is a new invention from WhatsApp activists and they are inviting people for their testing program which allows a tester to check all new functions before all the other people actually start enjoying them.
If you are interested to join the testing program, you can check all new functions before other people start enjoying it. But there is a warning that it might be unstable and have bugs. So you have to check it on your behalf only. Still, if you want to join the program, open WhatsApp beta page on Google, click on 'become a tester' and update your app.