Android users used to search; How do I check for viruses on my phone? Any android virus removal technique? How do I remove malware from my Android phone? How can I remove the virus from Android phone? Do Android phones need antivirus or internet security apps? And so on...
Just like securing your social activities on networking sites I was talking about 10 Ways How To Secure Facebook Account From Hackers Here, I'm have just discussed some effective steps, how you can remove malware from your Android device to keep your data safe.
Shut Down the Device Instantly: Well, now you know your device is under malware attack, the first thing you should do is to power off your device. This step may not help you remove the malware but it will stop further damage to your device by malware.
You can also try to perform Android virus removal manually by removing the malicious app from your phone but I found here the proper solutions and potential android virus removal methods that will guide about Android viruses and fixing the virus infected phones. Once you turn off your device, the malware on your device won’t be able to connect to the network to further spread on your device and cause more damage. It will also give you time to think and research the problem you are facing. If you feel doubtful about android virus removal and need to ask for the expert advice you are on the right page.
If you are new here, you must check, in the previous post I was talking about; Top 35 Best Android Tips, Tricks & Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind // Smartphone Tricks and today I will be going to discuss how and why Antivirus apps must be installed on your Android mobile phones to protect from any suspicious activities.
Is antivirus required for android phones?Well, we'll further discuss some of the best available tools for Android security, this question may sound unobvious. Still, we would like to discuss this aspect of antimalware tools where some users doubt the usefulness of antimalware tools.
To summarize this, let’s discuss how antimalware tools for Android are useful to keep your device security & privacy intact:
It offers complete security:
The best part of using antimalware tools is that they offer you complete security against all malware threats including adware, ransomware, spyware, trojan horses, keyloggers, rogue software, and other virus threats.
In addition to complete security to your device, it also helps you improve your device performance significantly with other useful features.
It offers you real-time security:
Advanced antimalware tools offer you real-time security to keep you secure against real-time threats. Here, these tools block the download of a malicious app or other content and inform you about it. It is a useful feature to block suspicious & malicious content at the source so that it couldn’t cause further damage.
This is one of the most important features that you should check while opting for the best antimalware app for your Android device.
It protects you from emerging threats:
These tools keep on updating their database so that they can protect you from all existing and emerging malware threats. Here, they update millions of malware definitions on a regular basis so that not even the latest malware threat could breach your system security.
It saves your time:
Antimalware tools work automatically to provide you with instant and effective results. It is also useful to save time and reduce manual efforts. These tools offer a detailed report of all infections and help you quarantine them in an effective manner.
Using advanced antimalware tools, you can keep your device security & privacy intact.
Tips to Remove Malware from Android Phone
1. Find the CulpritCheck if you have recently downloaded some content or app that has caused the issue on your device. To do this, you need to dig deeper into recent activities you have performed on your device. Once you have identified the culprit, turn on your device with Safe Mode (it will minimize the damage by malware on your device) and try to remove that data or uninstall that app.
If you are able to find the culprit, good, else try tip number 5. Here, you can use best anti-malware for Android to find and remove the malicious content.
2. Boot in Safe ModeBooting your device in Safe Mode will run operating system without any third-party apps. It means the app that might be causing trouble will not run on your device and you will get time to get rid of it.
To boot your device in Safe Mode, try one out of these two options. If you are on Jellybean (4.1 or later version) long-press the power button until you see the power options menu. Now long-press the power off button. It will ask you to reboot your device into safe mode.
If you are running on the old device, try to reboot into safe mode by holding down both the volume up and volume down button while the phone is booting. Here, you will see Safe Mode option enabled and mentioned in the lower-left corner of the device screen. Now when you are running into safe mode, try to uninstall the malicious app that is causing the issue on your device.
As an Android user, you must check; Greenify - Optimize Your Android To Run 10x Faster | Auto Android Phone Booster & Battery Saver App
3. Uninstall Malicious App or ContentOnce you have identified the malicious or suspicious app, go to Settings >> Apps and swipe left to view all apps on your device. Now scroll down to find the suspicious app, select it to uninstall it instantly.
In addition to malicious apps, you should also search for unknown content that has been downloaded on your device without your knowledge and removes that to keep your device safe.
4. Use Anti-Malware SoftwareUsing Android anti-malware software to find and remove malware from your device is one of the most effective steps you can follow.
These smart solutions work on advanced techniques and algorithms to help you keep your device security & privacy intact. Let’s discuss the best 3 Android antimalware applications for Android here.
RECOMMENDED: Top 25 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than iPhone in The Market
5. Systweak Anti-MalwareSystweak Anti-Malware offers simple yet powerful user experience while keeping your device safe from all cyber threats.
This smart solution offers real-time protection where it blocks downloading of malicious apps at the source. It keeps on updating its database to keep you secure from all existing and emerging malware threats.
You can use its privacy protection features to view and manage permissions granted to different apps on your device. In other features, it provides complete scanning, Quick & Deep scan modes, one-click scanning, Whitelist option and more. You can use this free Android malware protection tool for instant and effective results.
Download: Systweak Anti-Malware
6. Kaspersky Mobile AntivirusIf you are worried about how to remove malware from Android then Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus is the best solution you can rely upon.
It keeps on running in the background to find and removes all malicious traces. It works as an effective antivirus protection tool where it clean virus threat and automatically blocks all incoming malicious content on your device. Further, it offers features like app lock, find my phone, Anti-theft, anti-phishing, call blocker, web filter and more.
Download: Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
7. McAfee Mobile Security & LockUse this free antimalware for Android to avail number of useful security features on your device.
It offers numerous anti-theft and security features to keep your Android phone safe. These features include security lock & CaptureCam, anti-spyware, remotely wipe data, contacts backup, SMS backup, restore data, Anti-theft, multi-user app profiles, app lock, app protection, call blocker and lot more. Using this free malware cleaner for Android, you can keep your device completely secure against cyber threats.
Download: McAfee Mobile Security & Lock
8. Norton Security and AntivirusNorton Security and Antivirus is a powerful antimalware tool that helps you scan and remove apps from your device to find and remove all malicious content.
This smart tool is designed meticulously for Android smartphones and tablets. Under Android security features, it offers features like remote lock your device to prevent data theft in case of device theft, automatically lock your phone after 10 failed to unlock attempts, SMS to lock your lost device, and lot more.
Under Android protection features, it offers “scream” alarm to find your missing device, saves your device location automatically when the battery is low, sync & restore contacts, control protection, blocks malware infected sites and safe search for secured shopping. It also helps you protect your privacy with features like block unwanted calls & SMS, wipe all device information when needed and Sneak Peek feature to capture an image in case your device is lost.
Download: Norton Security and Antivirus
9. AVG AntivirusAVG Antivirus is a simple yet effective tool that is used and trusted by millions of users around the world. While searching for malicious content it performs a deep scan of your device where it scans your apps, settings, files, games and everything else in real-time.
It also helps you boost your device performance by killing all unnecessary tasks running on your device. You can use its Power Save option to extend battery life. It is also useful to clean unnecessary files to recover storage space and boost device performance. In other features, it helps you lock sensitive apps, enable locating your lost phone, hide private photos, scan Wi-Fi network and gives you insights into the permissions level of installed apps.
Download: AVG Antivirus
10. Zemana Antivirus & SecurityUse this security and antimalware tool to protect your device against all malware threats including viruses, Trojans, keylogger, and other malware threats. It is equipped with powerful scan engines where it scans your device 5 times faster than any other tool.
It offers efficient adware protection and helps you preserve your private and important data against all malware threats. In other features, it offers real-time protection, automatic database updates, anti-keylogger protection and 24/7 technical support.
Download: Zemana Antivirus & Security