WordPress Vs. Blogger 2019 —
Many newbies used to search; what is the difference between WordPress and Blogspot? Is a WordPress website free? Blogger or WordPress which is the best option for making money? Which is the best blogging platform? Which is the best tool to build a website? Blogger Vs. WordPress - Which will make You Earn more money? Which is the better place to start a free blog? And so on...
They want to have the ultimate comparison with the complete list of pros and cons comparing the two best blogging platforms WordPress and Blogger. Depending on your blogging activity and the type of blog you need to start, both WordPress & Blogger are good options for beginners and experienced users.
I would like to point out that; so you could stop yourself from slipping out to make mistakes on choosing the right platform according to your needs. And it is very important as there is no easy option to turn back once you have chosen your best blogging platform. So before taking a decision, it's better to know and re-think on Blogger vs WordPress comparison with the key aspects like which one better work in SEO, the technics on how you can control your blog, with the template customizing to the blog security and their support systems which will help to archive your desired future goals.
Not only to blog but also you need to optimize all earning methods with your ongoing blogs. Last time you have seen Ezioc Review: How to double your Adsense earning with Ezoic. Ezoic is the world's first and only technology based Google Adsense Certified partner.
Wordpress Vs. Blogger: The ultimate guideThere are lots of options when you are looking to start a blog such as a BlogSpot, WordPress, Tumblr, Typepad, Joomla, etc. But Blogger and WordPress are the most popular blog platform for developers and amongst new bloggers.
One thing I want to first clarify that, both the blogging platform have their own advantages and disadvantages, pros & cons over each other. Some blogger will choose BlogSpot because of the simple user interface while some will go with WordPress because of higher security & flexibility.
Everybody has their own perspective to choose their blogging platform for their blogging need and so the career. But this guide will describe you how to choose the best blogging platform for all of your special needs from the sharing your knowledge to making money online.
Also read: Media.Net Ad Network Review - Best Alternative to Make Extra Money From Blogging
1. Blogging Platform: Which is the best places to start a blog?Blogger is marked as a fine blogging platform - as it is so simple to use and easy to understand including how to start a blog, how to add more pages, writing new blog posts as quick as possible, and simple steps to add HTML widgets. This platform does not require technical education. It is best blog platform for the one who is looking for hassle-free setup and to start a blog in a simple way without using any special skills. BlogSpot create your own blog quickly without paying a single penny for blog hosting. So it's a better choice to create your own blog free.
WordPress is the well known Content Management System [CMS] in the competition of blog creation sites - This is somewhat you can say the advanced version of blogging. It requires some technical knowledge, and that is somewhat complicated to start with of, especially for beginners. It is best for those who want to expand their blog to the next level and make it for the business use.
Create your own blog website but one thing should be noted that; Wordpress.org and Wordpress.com are two separate websites and they both use more or less the same Wordpress software that requires blog hosting, but Wordpress.com is the best decision for the people who want start a free business blog sites.
2. Blog Setup: Installation RequirementBlogSpot is super easy to set up and start a blog. BlogSpot doesn't require any software to install & to run a blog, but it has limited functionality and that's why doesn't require technical knowledge. You don’t have to be good at coding to start a blog with a blogger. Easy to set up with no cost - is the main reason why some people choose BlogSpot over WordPress. In just a few minutes, you can start writing your posts. Initially, you start yourself as a blogger, but later, you become problogger and most of the probloggers soon realize the limitations and move to a self-hosted site.
BlogSpot is easy that doesn't mean WordPress is hard to set up. But yeah, it requires some technical know-how knowledge. WordPress allows you complete control over the blog set up for full blog optimization. And with the extra technical knowledge, you can tweak anything you want to do with your blog. To maintain your blog and to set up WordPress, you need to install WordPress software on your hosted server. If you really want to settle yourself as a brand in the online market and you have decided to start a professional blog to make money online then you have to go with WordPress.
3. Blog Hosting: RequirementsThe BlogSpot platform is procured by the Google. So NO need to worry about BlogSpot hosting as it is a FREE and that is why the BLOGSPOT is much popular as it doesn't require the hosting cost. It's fair enough beneficial and reliable as well to start a blog to publish your articles online on the Internet. You need to note the most important fact that; your BlogSpot blog will be hosted with the Google only, you don't own your site, Google owns it; Google has all the rights and authority not only to remove all your indexed pages from search engine but also to take down your whole blog if it does spam on the web.
Since you are getting into blogging field not just for sharing your knowledge with the world but also for making money online from home too. You want to establish yourself as a brand and looking for blogging as an income source then the WORDPRESS is the best choice for you. You need a WordPress hosting provider to host your blog or website. This hosting provider service not only allows you to have full access to your blog [like FTP, .htaccess file] but also to control your 'online visibility' of your site effectively. Wordpress truly own all the rights to your website, and so your blog is in your hands only. And as compared to free blogging, the self-hosted WordPress blog makes a greater reputation on the online market. Some of the most popular WordPress hosting sites are Hostgator, BlueHost, GoDaddy.
WordPress.com is a commercial. And it implies their services with premium upgrades. Year by year WordPress becoming superior along with their premium plugins. Various numbers of WordPress plugins help you not only in writing your blog post but also in search engine optimization [SEO].
5. Customization & themesBlogSpot provides a limited number of non-premium themes by default to choose from blogger dashboard. Furthermore, you need to customize your design, template layouts, colors, typography as per your requirement. There is a limited number of blogger templates and you have to put enough efforts in customizing those design. Blogger has its own tools [Blogger widgets] to modify and optimize your theme with step-by-step instructions but it just doesn’t cut it in terms of flexibility and customization that means it becomes so hard to make your site look unique. But definitely, the BlogSpot provides the best user-friendly experience with default widgets or custom widgets that are easy for new users to masters that create the best visual interface which helps to keep their brand consistent.
WordPress provides a variety of themes from non-premium to highly customizable SEO friendly premium WordPress themes. Wordpress allows you to transform your blog into full-on static, dynamic or hybrid professional looking websites. Wordpress has lots of advanced blog optimization tools [Wordpress plugins] that allows you to change your template layout or make custom changes in your existing blog template. It makes tweaking your blog design very easy and enhances the layout, coloring, and typography of a blog - the sky is the limit in blog customization & optimization. And definitely, the WordPress templates and plugins are very rich in functionality. The Wordpress offers so many features like SEO plugin, responsive themes, and advanced support community, so it's much better for most of the probloggers than BlogSpot.
RECOMMENDED: 10 Proven Ways To Increase Domain Authority (DA) Fast in Your Blogging Niche
✪ WordPress Vs. Blogger: SUMMERY
|#||Blogger - BlogSpot||Wordpress|
|PROS||1. It's FREE with NO ads.
2. You just need to buy your own custom domain and NO need to pay for hosting.
3. Start your blog in 5min. There is no installation of any kind of blogging software to start a blog.
4. You can manage you blog from blogger dashboard.
5. Need NOT to worry about security as it is own by Google.
6. You can connect existing or new custom domain name.
7. You can display your own ads and you can earn money by using Ad network programs like Google Adsense, Media.net, Ezoic.
8. You can edit the template and customize blog design.
9. BlogSpot will display a simplified version of the blog on mobile devices.
10. No storage limit.
12. You blog posts will automatically submit to search engines.
13. You can optimize template to SEO friendly design.
14. You can use free CDN networks to load blogger blog faster.
15. There is no limit on data transfer or bandwidth.
16. Your blog will AUTO upgrade with new features as soon as Google launch them.
17. You can publish your blog posts via email too.
18. You can add Google Analytics.
19. You can import posts from another BlogSpot blog.
20. You can organize all your published posts by labels.
21. There is NO issue of downtimes as your site is always live by Google.
|1. It's FREE. No ads.
2. You have complete control on each and every aspect of your blog.
3. There are plenty of best WordPress plugins that allow you to optimize and customize your blog from scratch to top.
4. There is an incredible number of free plugins and themes to choose from.
5. No need to pay any cost to buy WordPress software. It's free Linux-based open source software.
6. You can display your own ads, and you can earn money by using Ad network programs like Google Adsense, Media.net, Ezoic.
7. Special SEO plugins boost your site listing in the search engine - SERP.
8. You can transform your blog into an E-commerce website easily.
9. Wordpress gives you great flexibility, especially when designing the website template.
10. Highly professional skilled developers are there if you have any query to run your blog successful.
11. You don't need any third party website to create your own custom domain name email IDs.
12. For any question, you will get help not only from active community support forums but also you will get premium support from your own hosting service provider too.
13. You can use free CDN networks to load your blog faster.
14. You can easily create custom URL [permamnt links] for each post.
15. Use of WordPress plugins will share all your blog posts automatically to social networking sites.
16. You can also control page loading with lazy load.
17. You have full control over comments also, and you can edit them.
18. All of your visitors will have a great commenting experience.
19. You can organize all your published posts by tags and categories.
20. Themes look nicer, cleaner cut and more professional.
21. In the case of Indexing, PageRank, search engine optimization purpose they have free plugins to help increase visibility on Google listing or combat spam, etc. which the webmasters recommend it over anything else in the market.
22. You have FTP access.
23. Self-hosted WordPress blog itself proves that how much you are serious about blogging.
|CONS||1. No full control over the blog.
2. Less number of [default] free blogger templates [less than 50].
3. No FTP access.
4. Blogspot template doesn't support CUSTOM URLs.
5. You can upload the images having the size less than 2048×2048.
6. Your page size should be less than 1MB.
7. Currently, there is no premium or upgrade plans.
8. You need to use 3rd party website to AUTOMATICALLY share your blog posts to social networking sites.
9. There are no special plugins for blog optimization but widget can do fair work for you.
10. The widgets that come with Blogspot are pretty basic.
11. No full control over page loading.
12. There is no option to import blog post from 3rd party websites.
13. There is no option to edit comments.
14. You can NOT organize all your published posts by tags and categories.
15. There is no option to transform your blog into an E-commerce website.
16. You need a third-party website to create your own custom domain name email IDs.
17. Support is limited from BlogSpot's side, rather you will get help from other bloggers who posted guides to customize you BlogSpot blog.
18. BlogSpot platform offers fewer options to help your blog’s SEO.
19. There is less number of widgets and themes to choose from.
20. Most of all Blogspot websites look the same. No uniqueness.
21. The BlogSpot platform has a bad permalink structure.
22. With BlogSpot, there is no advanced comment moderation system, for that you need to rely on 3rd part widgets like Disqus.
23. You have a mobile version of the site but it's not full responsive web design. You need to work yourself on it to work better for you on mobile devices.
|1. You have to pay for own custom domain name, and also you need to find the best hosting company to host your all website data.
2. You need to pay high for premium WordPress templates.
3. It has a more complex dashboard to start with of.
4. It is quite complex while you crossing the basics. If you are not techy, then you need to appoint someone to work for you.
5. You are depended on plugins, so your recent blog posts take a few days to be indexed in search engines.
6. You need to keep an eye on downtimes that depend on your web hosting provider.
7. With WordPress, you can able to set up your blog in 5 min, but you have more than basics know-how about HTML, PHP, CSS or FTP, SQL, etc.
8. You have to keep all of your plugins up to date as it will harm in your site loading.
9. You’ll have to pay for various “optional” extras like extra space for your blog, to host videos directly from your blog, etc.
10. With wordpress.org, you have to pay and manage your own custom domain name email IDs.
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!