Everyone likes to get their website on the first page of Google. But if you look at the numbers, with almost 2 million blog posts published each day, it's not an easy task because the competition is at its peak. Everyone is trying very-very hard to hit top 10-15 search spots. Then what are the ways for you to get this chance? Don't be nervous. And if you have a question that why doesn't my blog show up on Google? Then you certainly need to go through this article.
There are very few people who know other search engines after Google. It is likely to be the best search engine in the world. Most of the people even think that Search Engine is nothing but Google itself. If anyone wants anything, they prefer Google to find an answer as if there aren't any other search engines available over the internet. It's like an equation, Search Engine = Google. It gives people the most relevant and helpful results quickly. Even, any newbie who still doesn't know how to search properly also gets the desired results.
"It seems like Standard Dictionaries will soon replace Search word with Google by looking at how people are using this word nowadays (just joking!!!)."
11 SEO strategies making a searchable blog on google to drive more organic trafficRead all the SEO strategies which help you to make your blog searchable on Google:
1. Role of Google.Google uses its search criteria to give helpful results. And the criteria are like; how much time people spend on a website, which type of content people search frequently, whether people go through the other contents on a particular website, it also keeps an eye on how much crowded a particular website is? How many websites are linked to a particular website and so on.
Based on such criteria, Google decides how helpful a website is to visitors. And Google algorithms are constantly being updated that decides which search results to show for a given keyword. It is not really necessary to know how exactly their algorithm works, but it's better to understand, what is the role of Google to bring the website at top of SERP.
2. Quality Content.I still remember few past days when most of the bloggers were using 'keywords' into their blogs to let Google think that their site is highly relevant to given search terms. But it's Google, now it is smarter than what we thought of it used to be. Google now became smart and now 'keyword stuffing' is in actual liable for the penalty. On the calculation of keyword density, it is more likely that around 2% posts may get punished by Google for any website. So instead of putting emphasis on more and more keywords, why not create quality content?
In the first point, along with all the other criteria, we also saw that Google considers the time a reader spends on a website to increase the ranking of the blog on search results. More a reader spends time on a website, more the chances of getting a blog to hit top search spot. You must know the fact that Content is The King. A quality content forces the reader to stay on the website for a longer period. Make sure, your content should end people's search and they should not walk away. It's a genuine thing that quality always matters.
People use to give priority to quality things, so does Google. Google ensures a quality blog should move up to the top of search result rankings. Another plus point of creating quality content is, it forces people to share the content with their friends or buddies. So putting more emphasis on creating quality content is necessary than just a keyword stuffing.
You must check out 15 Ways How To Write An Effective Blog Post [Content Writing Tips]
3 On-Page SEO.On-page SEO is one of the most important ranking factors and every blogger should do this for their website to rank higher in search engine results. It gives you much more control than that of Off-Page SEO. There are som many things you can do in On-page SEO, basics things like making SEO friendly URL, page title, internal linking, etc. can be useful as well.
URL: Your page URL should clearly indicate what is actually there on the page. For example, consider your blog post is about Pizza Recipes, so instead of writing "www.yoursite.com/x=recipe_page1", you should make it as "www.yoursite.com/pizza_recipes". Also, you need to make sure your page URL should have targeted keywords and should be limited to 4-5 keywords only.
Page Title: It allows search engines to know the main topic of your page. This is what will be shown in search results and at the top of the browser. Without any keyword stuffing, a page title should also contain the targeted keywords. Again, stick to limited keywords and do not stuff those in the title.
Internal links: This is the most powerful way to keep readers for a longer time on your website. You must have so much content that you can interlink within your website. This helps search engines to know more information about the topic of your blog content. And your visitors stay on your website by traveling all over the places on your website.
These any many other factors affect user experience. On-Page SEO relies on how much quicker your content loads? Are there any broken links? Are images in your content do work properly or not? These are some basic things to look at for improving On-Page SEO. The ultimate aim should be to make it easier for search engines to know the topic of your content. The more your content is search-engine friendly, the more the chances of getting your blog to rank high in search engine results.
For more details, you have to read [17 Items] On-Page SEO Checklist (updated) To Dominate SERP & Rank Higher [Website Optimization]
4. Linking Helps.keywords Link to your other blog posts (Internal linking): Linking to other related blog posts help bloggers as well as readers to look at all the related information under one roof. So, if a visitor reading through the other related blog posts, it will be helpful for them to get as much information as possible from the same location. This way your visitors won't walk away and tend to spend more time on your website. This will certainly help your website to rank higher in the search results. This is because Google also keeping an eye on how long readers are staying on a particular website.
Link to other reputed blogs with the same topic (External Linking): Search engine rewards linking to other reputed and trustworthy websites too who are having the same type of content. Google thinks such practices can increase your visitor's experience. External links can be added to your blog directly through their original content, relevant sources, blogs, news, or feeds, etc.
Invite other websites to link to your posts: If a reputable website tries linking to your website then there is nothing else you will need to have. Linking from reputed websites helps to boost your SEO. It's a pretty straight-forward thing; if any reputed website is linking to you, that means, your content is good. You can take huge benefits out of it. So try to link with the other reputed bloggers in the same field with similar content. This way you can build a community and will certainly give you opportunities to solve visitors' problems with the help of others.
Read: How Outbound Linking Improves SEO, Search Ranking And Domain Authority?
5. Use Social Media to Make An Impact.As you already know, anything shared on social media goes viral in no time. I think this is the very first and most effective method to let people know about your content. Nowadays, people don't restrict themselves on social media if they find something interesting and valuable. You will get lots of shares if you have an attention-seeking, catchy, and quality content on your website. And lots of shares means, from Google Point of view, your post is valuable.
Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. are some of those social media channels through which you can share your content easily with the wider audience. Google also needs you to display your social media presence. With so many social media profiles, you can add value to your blog posts. In search results, you must have already seen the social data of a particular brand along with their recent social activities. This also helps to improve your website's Domain Authority (DA).
As an online publisher, you also need to know 9 Ways To 10x LinkedIn Traffic To Your Blog [Social Media Marketing]
6. Write for Your Audience.After "SEO" started, most of the bloggers started emphasizing it even more than building quality content. That resulted in the loss of usefulness of the content. This is because the bloggers were trying to write according to the search engines instead of writing content by considering the targeted audience. One more thing, The hummingbird update has changed things a lot. The moto behind this update was to help Google to better understand the purpose of searches. For example, if you are searching for a specific food like burger, pizza, cookies, etc. then that was creating a sense for Google that you are looking for local restaurants. That did affect the SEO where search engines are trying to be more user friendly and tend to provide better answers to the visitors.
How Google answers all of the questions more accurately? And the use of just "targeted keywords" doesn't seem to be a promising answer to this question. Readers may or may not jump to other blogs to get satisfactory answers to their questions. Remember Google is not a space for playing a specific-keyword competition. Like I said previously, you need to focus more on creating quality content that answers more questions of your targeted audience. Never rely just on 'keywords'. You can look for other problem-solveing sources available over the internet like Quora, forums, social media, Stack overflow, etc. and try to present answers to the relative questions through your website.
7. Meta Description.Meta Description is a brief statement about your blog post and it should have maximum of 160 characters. It is usually shown below the title of the page in the search result pages. It helps Google and also readers to know what your post is all about. Therefore it is necessary to write your meta description carefully. Metadata is grouped by the combination of many elements like post content, labels (say keywords), the post-title and some portion (or say a short decription) of the post.
Hence, an accurate meta description can allow readers to go through your website and also help Google to put your post at a higher position in search engine results. There are many websites that offer places for the addition of meta descriptions. Yoast SEO Plugin can be used to optimize the meta description for those who are having WordPress blogging platform.
We have best SEO tool that you can use to extract meta info on Online META Tag Generator #1 Free SEO Tool For Website | SEO Meta Description Tool
8. Make it Mobile Friendly.Nowadays, lots of people prefer their mobile phones for their daily online activities like to read their emails, chat messages, online shopping and so on. By considering this fact, plenty of bloggers have to secure their position for the future. And this can be achieved by making mobile-friendly responsive template or smartphone website template for the website.
Google have updated their policies and it indicates that the mobile responsiveness has a significant impact on the website search rankings; so to avoid the penalty, your blog must have a mobile view for all devices.
And making a mobile-friendly website means you are providing a good user experience and that is current market trend. If you look at the traffic today, mostly it comes from mobile devices rather than computers. Almost every individual today is having a smartphone. So be sure to have a mobile-friendly website.
Check out Making Responsive Mobile-friendly Template Design [Responsive Web Development]
9. Google Webmaster Tools.Usually, the warnings are meant to alert us about something bad is going to happen with us. The warning could also let us know that we are going in the wrong direction. Similarly, I experienced such warnings in my blogging journey as well. And Google Webmaster usually throws such warnings. This is the one who informs me always about any potential threat observed on my website.
Google Webmaster Tool provides me the tools, data, and diagnostic information to bring my website back on the track. Google Search Console is a place where you can collect information about your blog. Google Crawlers travel across all the pages of your blog and tells you if there are any problems.
The Webmaster Tools of Google Search Console show you data in terms of:
- The number of your blog pages indexed in Google.
- Details of any problem which Google bots have identified while crawling your site.
- List of all the links (working/not working) from your website.
- Details of any penalties your website may have received from Google.
10. Images.Google likes the content that has pictures or images. Try to include high-quality but optimized images that are related to your content. One picture is nothing but 100 words. To add more value to the blog, you can even add the short caption to the images. The image caption makes your post searchable in Google's image search as well. You have to present the data and information in a pictorial format to make your blog more appealing.
You should add title to all the images correctly. So the use of the correct label can increase your SEO score. To do this, simply add or edit the alt text correctly for every single image from your posts. Alt text is a description of an image that is shown when a search engine is unable to support the image file. In short, every image should be labeled correctly because Google can view your image only through such labels, alt-texts, or descriptions.
It is much important to know Top 15 SEO Image Optimization Tips for Search Engine Traffic
11. Create A Sitemap.A way back in the year 2000, we had to manually create almost everything by ourselves. But today it is a lot easier than ever before. Just download WordPress SEO plugin, and you are all set to go to have robots.txt file and a sitemap for your website. This will make it easier for Google to crawl your blog easily. The URLs of all your pages and post are stored on the sitemap. It's like a Table of Contents page in our school books.
Bottom LineHoping the above SEO tips will be helpful for you to get your blog to rank high in the search results. You know there are no shortcuts to success. Likewise, creating quality content is more important than looking for any tricks like keywords stuffing, etc. Make quality content and then look after all other things.
Anyways, if you find something else more promising than what I've enlisted above and want to suggest any other things, do not hesitate to use below comment section. Feel free to get in touch with me anytime. Happy to hear from you and would like to share as much information as possible to help others.