The article discusses Jasper AI, transform the way you create content with Jasper AI! Discover the power of artificial intelligence in writing with its AI-powered content creation service. Create high-quality, original content for your blogs, business, or personal needs in a matter of seconds. With user-friendly interface and affordable pricing, Jasper AI is the perfect tool for enhancing your writing skills and improving productivity. Check out here for a comprehensive review and real-life examples of using Jasper AI.
New Bloggers Fails —
Starting a blog can be an exciting venture. However, it’s not always sunshine and rainbows. Many new bloggers face challenges that prevent them from making money. A few days ago a guy on X asked me a question which said that he had invested everything on his blog for the past one year, but somehow he was unable to generate enough income to make a living out of it.
If you regularly interact with new bloggers, you will realize that he is not just one of blogger who is going through this situation. Almost every new blogger goes through this phase. Some get past it to become successful bloggers whereas others cannot.
So the million dollar question is, why do so many bloggers fail to make money?
Well, the reason for their failure could be many. In this article, we will discuss the top reasons because of which bloggers fail to make money. So if you too are going to through the same phase, this article is definitely for you.
Why New Bloggers Fail To Make MoneyMost blogs fail to make money due to a combination of factors. Some common reasons include a lack of clear purpose and niche, inconsistent content, poor SEO, insufficient promotion and marketing & ineffective monetization. Many bloggers don’t understand their audience, lack a content strategy, and give up too soon. Success isn’t instant; it requires effort, time, and learning. By steering clear of these hurdles, bloggers can enhance their probability of earning income.
9 Mistakes Why New Bloggers Fail To Make MoneyBlogging is a journey filled with ups and downs. By understanding these common pitfalls, you can increase your chances of success.
Below are the top reasons why most new bloggers fail to make money with their blog:
Mistake 1: Not Understanding Your AudienceIf you don’t know who your audience is, you can’t create content that resonates with them.
Understanding your audience is a fundamental aspect of successful blogging. Without knowing who your readers are, you won't be able to create content that truly resonates with them.
It's essential to delve into their interests, preferences, and needs, allowing you to craft meaningful and engaging blog posts that captivate their attention. So, let's explore the importance of understanding your audience and discover how you can bridge this gap.
To begin, take the time to conduct thorough audience research. Dive deep into demographics, preferences, and behaviors to gain valuable insights. This will serve as a compass, guiding you towards producing content that aligns with their interests.
Now, let's uncover five valuable tips to help you understand your audience better:
- Use surveys or polls for direct reader feedback and insights.
- Monitor blog and social media engagement for real-time feedback.
- Connect with your audience via newsletters or social media for deeper understanding.
- Use analytics tools to track and analyze website traffic, user behavior, and demographics, helping you uncover patterns and preferences.
- Stay current with trends and participate in relevant communities for firsthand knowledge.
Mistake 2: Selecting The Wrong NicheThis is probably one of the main reasons why most bloggers fail miserably. Most new bloggers just know that certain niches pay really well while others do not.
However, this is the biggest myth prevalent in the blogging fraternity. Every niche is a good and money making niche as long as you are capable of writing informative and useful articles that can bring a good amount of traffic to your blog.
If you are targeting a niche just because it is very popular or because it has lower competition, you are more likely to mess up things. Though the thumb rules says, more popular the niche, more chances for you to get a good amount of traffic to your blog, this may not always be the case.
Popular niches are highly competitive, so the traffic you can get to the blog depends solely on your skills and can vary largely from person to person.
Similarly, lesser competitive niches can give you easy traffic. However, your earnings might be constrained because of limited traffic. In such cases, again it depends on your skills to make most out of the traffic you get to your blog.
Keep in mind below mentioned points before selecting your niche:
- Try to choose a niche that you like so much that you won’t mind writing about it even if you are not going to earn a single penny with it.
- Make sure you have sufficient knowledge about it.
- You must be able to think of at least 10 detailed articles which you can write without referring to other blogs.
- Do thorough research about competition. You must know your competitors in and out so that you have an idea about what kind of challenges you will be up against.
- Do a detailed traffic analysis. You must roughly predict the amount of traffic you can get 6 months down the line and the average conversion rate for the same.
Mistake 3: Selecting Free Blogging PlatformBloggers who are new to the blogging fraternity often go for Free Blogging Platforms to save money. Most free Blogging Platforms are not designed for professional blogging as they have a restriction on your monetization methods.
Some platforms do not allow third party ads including Google AdSense while others do not allow using your affiliate links. They are good if you just want to share your views, ideas and knowledge.
Blogger is the only Free Platform which does not have any restriction over monetization methods. But it is not at all SEO friendly. At Blogger, you have to manually manage all your On Page SEO and check your article for keyword density which is very time-consuming.
Adding custom meta description to each blog post and implementing rich snippets is also very difficult for a person who does not have knowledge about codes.
For professional blogging, Self-Hosted WordPress is the best blogging platform. It is a feature rich CMS which is SEO friendly. You can customize your blog the way you want. However, it does require you to buy Hosting and custom domain.
If you are not sure about making money with your blog, you can start your blog at Blogger. But as soon as you start making money, you should Transfer Your Blog From Blogger To Self-Hosted WordPress. However, it is highly recommended to at least use a Custom Domain with your Blogger blog to make sure you retain your Domain Authority after transferring your blog to WordPress.
Mistake 4: Writing Low-Quality ContentContent is the king.
I have repeated the above phrase by Bill Gates several times in my articles and I am going to repeat it in the future too.
This is because the content is the backbone of any blog. Without an engaging content, no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to get returning visitors. Also, higher bounce rates can result in lower Organic traffic.
However, most new bloggers have been taught to publish at least one article per day to get maximum organic traffic. However, this is just a myth. While it is recommended to post articles as often as you can, quality of a blog post matters much more than the frequency of posting.
If the frequency of posting was so important, Backlinks would have been at the bottom of the Google rankings; just around 30 articles per year. However, as we know, this is not the case.
Below are the points you must keep in mind before writing your content:
- Make sure to thoroughly research the topic before penning it down.
- Try to come up with a unique topic or present an old topic in a refreshing style.
- Include references from authority blogs to give more emphasis to your writings.
- Make sure to avoid grammatical mistakes. You can use Free Grammar Checking Tools for the same.
- Write in short paragraphs and use bulleted points and proper heading tags to make your content readable.
Mistake 5: Neglecting SEO and Keyword ResearchContent is king, but a king is an ordinary powerless man without its army. Same goes with your content.
Keyword research and SEO is the army of your content which can bring traffic to your blog. Without it, you will not have visitors to read your most awesome content.
Most beginners often overlook it, especially the Keyword Research part which is the most important factor that can drive organic traffic to your blog. Recently I posted a page that you must read; What Are Keywords? How Keyword Research Works: For Beginners.
Finding proper Long Tail Keywords hardly takes 15-20 minutes once you are familiar with the Long Tail Keyword Research Techniques.
Same goes with On Page SEO Optimization. If you are a WordPress user, you can keep a track of your On Page SEO factors on the go as you write your article with WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin.
If you are serious about being a professional blogger, you have to learn Keyword Research and On Page SEO. Without it, you will not be able to get far with your blogging career.
- Prioritize learning Keyword Research and On Page SEO to excel as a professional blogger.
- Mastering Keyword Research and On Page SEO is crucial for a successful blogging career.
- Invest time in learning Keyword Research and On Page SEO to propel your blogging career forward.
- Acquiring skills in Keyword Research and On Page SEO is essential for professional bloggers.
- Unlock the potential of your blogging career by embracing Keyword Research and On Page SEO.
Mistake 6: Lack of ConsistencyConsistency plays a vital role in the success of your blog. It keeps your audience engaged and prevents them from losing interest.
Recently I published most trending page which deliver 8 Tips for Formatting Your Blog Writing to Boost Reader Engagement
To ensure your blog thrives, it's crucial to maintain a regular content production schedule. By doing so, you'll keep your readers coming back for more, ultimately boosting your blog's potential to make money.
To overcome the lack of consistency, consider these five valuable tips:
- Plan a realistic posting schedule that aligns with your capacity and commitments, allowing you to consistently deliver fresh content.
- Break down your blog posts into manageable tasks and set aside dedicated time for writing, editing, and publishing.
- Create an editorial calendar to organize your content ideas, ensuring a steady flow of topics and preventing writer's block.
- Engage with your audience through comments, social media, and newsletters, building a sense of community and motivating yourself to consistently deliver valuable content.
- Prioritize quality over quantity. While consistency is important, ensure that each post offers value, engages your audience, and reflects your unique brand voice.
Mistake 7: Wrong Monetization MethodsAt times, even bloggers who are able to generate a good amount of traffic to their blogs are not able to make most out of it. This is because they often incorporate monetization methods that do not suit their blogs. Your monetization method largely depends on your niche and your target audience.
I have seen personal bloggers promoting hosting affiliate links. Do you really think they would get visitors who would be interested in hosting deals? Probably not. Even if some of them are interested, they would think twice before buying the advice of a person who is not a web-hosting expert.
Also, some niches are well-suited for earnings through AdSense, while others can give you more income through affiliate marketing.
My niche, Blogging and SEO, gives negligible income through AdSense as my target audience is Bloggers and SEO’s, both of whom are generally tech-savvy and so would not be keen on clicking ads.
On the other hand, bloggers in the Food and Cooking niche have to rely mainly on income through AdSense as they have limited scope for affiliate marketing. Fashion bloggers would earn more income through sponsored posts than anything else.
Also, if your target audience is India or any developing Asian country, your AdSense income would be very low. In such cases, you may want to target affiliate marketing or sponsored posts which can pay you much better.
Try out various monetization methods that you think would go well with your audience. You can monetize your blog with AdSense as well as affiliate links. However, make sure to focus more on the one which gives you better results. If affiliate marketing is giving better results, no point in nagging your visitors with too many Ads. Similarly, if you are generating more income with AdSense, you should spend more time writing something useful for your audience rather than posting deals and discounts.
- Explore various monetization strategies for optimal audience engagement and results.
- Focus on the most profitable monetization method, be it affiliate marketing or AdSense.
- If affiliate marketing is your main income, avoid bombarding visitors with too many ads.
- If AdSense is more profitable, prioritize creating valuable content over promotions.
- Regularly evaluate and adjust your monetization tactics to balance audience needs and income goals.
Mistake 8: Failing To Build A BrandBuilding a brand for your blog is another very important aspect which most bloggers often ignore. Your blog should be the first thing that comes to people’s mind when they want to look out for something. This will make sure apart from the organic and social traffic, you also get direct traffic to your blog.
Building a brand becomes even more critical if affiliate marketing is your primary monetization method. People often follow the advice of bloggers they know well and consider them to be reliable.
Remember, building a brand is not easy and it may take years.
You can start building a brand for your blog by following the suggestions below:
- Invest a decent part of your time/money into content marketing. You want to reach as many people as you can.
- Improve your social media presence by getting more Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+ followers.
- Do guest posts on other blogs.
- Organize contests and offer freebies to winners. People love when you make them feel special.
- Participate in blogging events.
Mistake 9: Lack Of PatienceLast but not the least, lack of patience is also a major reason why most bloggers fail to make money. They feel blogging is writing articles and earning money straight away.
However, blogging takes time. In fact, it takes a lot of time. When your blog is new, it will be difficult for you to drive traffic to your blog. No matter how well you do your keyword research or manage SEO of your blog, you will get negligible traffic from Google for the first few months.
Lower traffic would result in very low income. This is when most newbies get frustrated and either they quit blogging or adopt blackhat techniques which get their blog penalized and they are out of the game.
For the first 6 months forget about the financial part. Focus on writing good detailed articles, keyword research, SEO and content marketing. Just try to stick around even if you fail to earn your first dollar.
Sooner or later, you will start seeing results and will eventually start earning good amount of money.
Bottom LineWithout a second thought, blogging is a great career. However, it is certainly not easy to make money with blogging as most people think. It is not just about writing content and publishing it. There’s much more to it.
you need to know your readers and competitors. you must learn seo, content marketing, social media marketing, AdSense optimization, affiliate marketing etc.
Initially, it may be a rough ride for most bloggers, but those who get their basics right and have patience will emerge as successful bloggers.
What has been your experience with blogging so far? Do share your views with us through comments below.