The article discusses Jasper AI, transform the way you create content with Jasper AI! Discover the power of artificial intelligence in writing with its AI-powered content creation service. Create high-quality, original content for your blogs, business, or personal needs in a matter of seconds. With user-friendly interface and affordable pricing, Jasper AI is the perfect tool for enhancing your writing skills and improving productivity. Check out here for a comprehensive review and real-life examples of using Jasper AI.
Secure Your Gmail Account —
Email users used to search; how to safe Gmail from hackers? How to stop if someone trying to hack my Gmail account? How to secure Gmail account with mobile number? Where to report a hacked Gmail account? Secure Google account? How to secure my email account? How to improve your Gmail account security? And so on.
An email is the most valuable part of anybody as it shows the online identity on the web and we all have important information stored in our email account. And if you ever have stuck that your Gmail account has been hacked, then you must change your login password quickly. But how to protect Gmail account? How to be more secure from such hacking issues?
Last time you saw, Remove Large Size Emails to Clear Gmail Space & Increase Storage and today we are going to see some security tips for all Gmail users to ensure the security protection against hackers and unauthorized access. Guard your account in just a few minutes by reconsidering your own security settings to make your account more secure.
15 Ways To Secure Your Gmail AccountMake sure to bookmark this page and keep checking for new security updates help secure your Google Account.
Follow 15 most secure ways to protect your Gmail account:
1. Set up & turn ON 2-step verification.Google has added 2-step verification system to ensure your Gmail security to be strong. In this process; you'll get OTP (one-time password) on your registered mobile number to log in your account.
Sign in Gmail >> go to your profile >> select the option 'My Account' >> select the option 'Sign-in & Security' >> go to 'Password & Sign-in Methods' below password setting you'll see the 2-step verification option >> turn ON. Now you'll enter the setup >>
Step 2: Write the OTP that you've received on your mobile and verify it.
Step 3: If you are turning ON 2-step verification from a personal computer or trusted device, check the "trust this device" box. You will only be requested to enter a verifying code when you signed to this account once per 30 days.
Step 4. Confirm the setup.
Make a backup of the phone number and printable backup codes as the options to access your account in case if you lose your phone. This makes your account impenetrable.
2. HTTPS protections in Gmail.By using this security step, your data is encrypted before transmission or communication with the server.
Don't worry if you don't see this option in your settings as nowadays Gmail has already made these security settings as a default setting for all Gmail accounts.
3. Monitor granted external account access.If a hacker obtains the access to your account then most probably he may add his account to our working account. Instead of adding our own with another account; always check regularly if there is any suspicious account you didn’t authorize access is added to your gmail.
4. Revoke unauthorized access.When you had given permission to any website or app to access your Google account, and it may sometimes;, the hackers uses this technique to access your Gmail.
Related; 6 Ways To Protect An eCommerce Website [Online Store] Against Hacks & Frauds
5. Keep an eye on account activity.To check out the account activity is the best way to keep watch on hackers and spammers.
For this: Sign in your Gmail account >> scroll down >> at the bottom you will notice 'Last Account Activity: (no)… Minutes ago' >> click 'Details'
You will see 'Access Type,' 'Location (IP address)' and 'Date'
Set an alert preference so that Gmail will alert you when it detects unusual activity. Always monitor the activity information panel every time you notice something weird stuff in your Gmail account.
6. Tackle on your own if Gmail's filters aren't enough.Websites which you visit when you are already signed in Gmail; those several sites can attempt to extract information from your Gmail by using the filter. These filter can potentially transfer email as long as you have configured filters in your account. Therefore it's important to check account setting to delete any unwanted suspicious filter.
7. Forwarding & POP/IMAP.Also, check 'Forwarding & POP/IMAP' settings to check whether there is no foreign forwarding address included apart from those assigned by you.
Related; 8 Best Blogging Safety Tips to Make Your Blog Safe & Secure
8. Phishing: Avoid and report Google scams.This is a most important point, as there are lots of cases happened because of this phishing attack where phishing emails were asking for personal information. Never click any link in the email which requests you for information regarding the bank, credit card details or any other personal, financial information. Whenever you find such fraudulent mail, report immediately to Google.
9. Review attachments.Google has the virus scan features for both incoming & outgoing attachments. Always use it. Even if you get some attachments which do not expect then recommended not to download it. It could carry malware that can risk your account.
Precaution is always better than cure so you may ask the sender what kind of attachment it is.
Also, check; Is Antivirus Required For Android Phones? Tips to Remove Malware from Phone | Android Security
10. Disable 'Allow less secure apps' option.Because of allowing less secure apps your Gmail account will be able to access your account.
My account >> Connected apps & site >> disable 'Allow less secure apps'
11. Password & security questions.Your PASSWORD keeps your email account safe and secure more. So make a strong password which consists of words that are difficult to guess. It must contain;
- Random Words
Create a security question which has an absolutely wrong answer. Make it nonsense as possible as, but the answer should be related to your past that you can easily remember.
12. Recovery option.In case; if your account gets hacked, then you must have configured recovery option before, to get back account access. So your mobile number and another email id should be given to the Gmail server.
13. Encryption.Although you have strong security, you might end up with hacking and phishing. So you also need to adopt 'browser security plug-in or addons to your Gmail to make more strengthen the security.
There are some browser plugins like 'virtue', 'web of trust (WOT)' etc.
14. Google security checkup & keep system updated.Go through the Google checkup once a month. This will help you to recognize unauthorized activities on your Gmail.
Sign in >> my account >> Security Checkup.
15. Good & secure habits.There are simple things which you can do every time:
- Clear browsing history every time.
- Log out every time.
- Most important thing is that never give your password to anyone.
Bottom LineThese are straightforward and quick tips by which you can secure your Gmail account.
If you know anything new or better than these, please share those with us via the comment section below. We would prefer to add them to this page directly.
Also, don't forget to share this page with your friends to make and help them to secure their Gmail account.