Microsoft Office Word doc users used to search for how to solve the error "Word experienced an error trying to open the file" when opening a Word 2007/2010 file? Fixing Word experienced an error when trying to open the file? How do I fix Microsoft Word not opening? How to resolve Microsoft error opening word documents? And so on.
Moreover, ms office for android tablets is also there to use on the go. But sometimes, there are problems with Microsoft Word and it shows the message; "Word Experienced An Error Trying To Open The File... ... " and the file failed to open properly.
After troubleshooting Microsoft word it is seen that this error is neither related to the downloading of that particular file nor with the operating system.
It is related to "Trust Center" setting within MS Word itself. Learn how to troubleshoot Microsoft word and get rid of Microsoft error message "Word Experienced An Error Trying To Open The File".
Last time you have seen, How to Fix Video Thumbnail Preview Not Showing in Windows File Explorer. And today we are again going to see a new tutorial on how to fix MS error in Windows.
When I was trying to open a word file downloaded from email, my MS Word showed me the error message as Word Experienced An Error Trying To Open The File. Initially, I thought it was my mistake that I downloaded the wrong file or something have had happened with the downloaded file. But after troubleshooting Microsoft word I got the solution in "Trust Center".
Fix 'Word Experienced An Error Trying To Open The File'If you too getting this error message while opening word file and not able to access it then I recommend you to try these below-given steps to fix it.
1. Open Microsoft Word with BLANK DOCUMENT.
2. Go to File >> Options >> Trust Center.
3. Click on 'Trust Center Settings...'
4. Now in the left panel, choose 'Trusted Locations'.
5. IMP: On the right panel, click on 'Add new location...' Here, you will get a small window, in path add: 'C:\' and check the box 'Subfolders of this location are also trusted'. And then click 'Ok' button.
RECOMMENDED: Speed up Windows 10x Faster Without Any Software | Make PC Faster
You may also like to know; 15 Tips To Increase uTorrent Downloading Speed (100% Working) | 8X SPEED
6. Do above step No.5 again for "D:\" drive or if you have "E:\" and so on. This is an important step as well.
7. Then click 'Ok' on 'Trust Center' and the 'Word Option' window.
8. Now you have to save this Blank document on any drive.
9. Close MS Word and reopen with your desired file.
10. Your problem should get fixed.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!