There is lots of confusion about digital video formats and codecs. Many people are searching about encoding the YouTube videos at the highest quality; but they forgot, the format you captured your video is the highest quality video format for that video file.
For the best video quality format, YouTube supports the all video formats includes MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI and many others. Today we are going to discuss the best guide choosing the best video file format for your best requirements.
Understanding the Relevance of Video FormatBest Video formats online are necessary to be taken into consideration while watching, downloading or uploading the videos. It directly impacts the quality of the video; if you are compressing a video, then it's quality will get deterred. In such situations, videos need to be uploaded or downloaded in the appropriate format which will maintain it's quality. Use online video converter for better quality which is suitable for the video so that you can watch the video with amazing quality even on the small screen mobile phone.
There are different factors that must need to be kept in mind while choosing the best video formats online:
1. Do the Editing and Changes in the Original formatThe issue of losing quality is also when you copy the video multiple times in different formats. You must do the editing work, and other changes only in the original format, as do changes in copied format will lead to degraded quality.
2. Data in its Original QualityWhen a video is converted into different formats, there are high chances of losing the original quality due to video compression. In such situation, you should use best video format to convert video with high-quality compression that can preserve the original quality and you can have different versions according to the various uses like one for web streaming, one for burning it on CDs and DVD, one for watching it on phones or PCs
Codec and ContainersBefore we jump to this factor, lets’ understand it's technicalities. The container can be understood as the variety of containers the way different type of publications like book, magazine, journals, pamphlets, the newspaper has a different pattern of giving information like articles, words, cartoons, pictures which can be considered as codes.
Understanding ContainersNow you need to understand in which container your video content will fit best. Here are a few containers that you can learn about.
1. Audio Video Interleave (.avi):It is a very old container version which was developed by Microsoft and introduced with Windows 3.1. Its popularity has faded away and since its introduction, till date, many different versions have been introduced that are compatible with latest versions of videos.
2. Quick time (.mov or .qt):Quick time is the video container that was introduced by Apple, and when the popularity of .mov was fading away, the company added the feature of h.264. The DSLR of Nikon and Canon are suitable with this version of the container, so it would not be a bad idea to use this now as well.
3. Advanced Video Coding, High Definition (AVCHD):It is the container with the latest technology and rich quality; it was produced by the collaboration of Sony and Panasonic. It suits the versions of videos on digital camcorders. This format is suited for videos to be stored and can be played on other devices as well. The best feature is that it supports both standard definition and high definition video quality.
4. Flash Video (.flv, .swf):Flash Video was produced by Macromedia which was later bought by Adobe. Many of us have faced problems when we see a page while downloading a video that it needs to be supported by Adobe Flash player. This has caused huge difficulties in the downloading video, so this format will not be a wise choice to recommend.
5. MPEG-1:This container codec is suitable only for Video Compact Disks and is not much popular in many countries where VCD is outdated now. MPEG-2 (h.262): This container [codec] is used for DVDs and has the quality of high definition but other than this, it is not much widely appreciated.
1. Windows Media Video (.wmv):It is one of the widely used codec formats, as it is compatible with video streaming and downloading without taking much time. Now it is available for compatibility with high definition formats as well.
2. h.264:It is the codec that supports AVCHD container and is widely used all over the world as it can be used on both low and very high bitrates. It is the best video format to convert a video from high definition movie to compatible form that you can watch on your high definition television. It is widely used for camcorders and digicams.
Choose the best video converter for better quality that will make give you an amazing experience of watching a video. Keep getting updated about the latest formats.