Which is best from WordPress Free vs Paid Themes? Does Premium be a better option than Free WordPress templates? Choosing free Wordpress theme Vs. premium Wordpress theme? Which one is best the free WordPress templates vs premium WordPress? And so on...
The free WordPress templates for websites allows you to start your blogging journey with the basic level, whereas the WordPress premium plans control several features to make your website more and more user-friendly. The effective cost of building & shaping the entire website according to the requirements is yet another factor that you need to consider while selecting WordPress free vs premium plan.
Overall, always look for the unique, advanced features, cost-effective & full responsive WordPress theme which should provide a good navigation, friendly user-interface including an elegant look to the website for every visitor. The WordPress platform offers endless themes for selection. A huge list of best free WordPress themes as well as the best premium WordPress blog themes is available. This is the point where you actually get confused. Whether to choose cost-saving, free WordPress themes or have a paid version of the same. It’s really confusing. Moreover, SEO is anather factor to choose the best one.
Taking decision can be of big challenge in such a situation. Well, here I'm going to discuss the pros & cons of selecting free WordPress themes as well as that of the Premium WordPress themes with the factors delivered by the top WordPress theme developers & the best WordPress theme designers. The discussion will definitely help you to arrive at a certain point of the decision where you can move forward towards the next process of website development.
In the last article, you have seen 5 Most IMP Factors You Need To Consider To Choose A Best WordPress Theme For Your Website or Blog and today I am going to discuss most confusing issue while blogging, what to choose FREE or PREMIUM WordPress theme for all your business or blogging needs. The theme is your showcase of an online home that shows how you are sophisticated and active for all your online activities.
WordPress premium vs free - Clear the confusionIf you are confused with what to choose and what not to choose, here are some quick questions & their answers will assist you to make the final decision.
- Do you want lots of features in your theme?
- Do you want any help to solve the WordPress issues? Technical guide?
- Do you want to have a professional looking website or can go for basic layout?
- Do you want to spend more on website theme?
- Are you a startup or just established?
You may also like to read: WordPress vs. Blogger – Choosing the Right Platform! PROs & CONs, Full Comparison
Free WordPress vs. Premium Templates, Which is Best WordPress Theme For Your Site?There are different WordPress website design templates available for creating the website. The WordPress offer a broad range of such quality themes for your business needs.
Let us discuss the advantages and disadvantages derived by selecting either of the free themes or premium themes:
Free WordPress ThemesThe free WordPress themes are available free of cost, of course! They can easily be selected & applied that can take you to the next level in the process of website development.
Why The WordPress themes are made available for free?The good reasons behind making them available for free include:
- They offer lots of benefits to the WordPress.
- The helps the theme developers to sharpen their skills.
- It also offers the developers to create a large user base and receive suggestions, feedback for improvements.
- Overall, it helps the theme developers to put their best in order to compete for the world.
Well, selecting free WordPress themes can allow you to load your site faster as no plugins & widgets are added, but there are more chances that it makes cheap reputation about your website.
Let's check out the advantages and disadvantages of FREE WordPress templates:
Free WordPress themes PROsHere are the pros of choosing FREE WordPress themes:
- The biggest benefit of selecting free WordPress theme is the COST. It is free. By selecting these free templates, it lower downs the barrier at the entry-level to start a blog. Anyone can start blogging with the use of free themes.
- Although the templates are made available for free, every templates always undergo the review processes. These free WordPress themes hold high-quality standards as well, and every free theme quickly goes through a preliminary theme review procedures.
- Since the WordPress themes available for free undergo every step of quality checkup. And thus are ideal to be used for any kind of website building.
Also, check out; What is Blog? Who is Blogger? How Blogging Works? How to Start A Successful Blog
Free WordPress themes CONsThe WordPress themes available for free also host some disadvantages too. They lose their value due to some negative sides.
Here are the cons of choosing FREE WordPress themes:
- They offer limited support options. Any query or doubts are answered through WordPress forums. But they are not obliged to reply to support queries.
- They offer limited functionality and features. As the themes are available for free, they do support most of the standard features. But most of the unique and extra features are not at all available with free themes. Such themes lack the features like using short-codes, creating a landing page, creating buttons, etc.
- They do offer customization but that too limited. The free themes do not support extensive customization. There are usually very limited options for customization.
- The themes are common and do not provide unique value to the website. As they are available for free, most of the website designers select from the available list. The possibilities of having similar themes for different websites are very high.
- Free themes do not provide any warranties. If something goes wrong, it may spoil the website and its reputation.
You must know; Top 15 Biggest Blogging Mistakes To Avoid
Related; 5 Tips For Building A Successful Website | Web Design
Premium WordPress ThemesPremium WordPress Themes are made available for purchase. If you want to add unique value to your custom WordPress theme, it is ideal to go for paid themes. You can find them at the reputed dealers or reputed professional WordPress hosting site.
RECOMMENDED: MyThemeShop Review - ($19 Deal) Premium WordPress Themes & Plugins | Pros & Cons
Premium WordPress themes PROsHere are the benefits you can gain by selecting the best premium WordPress themes for business from the paid version:
- Filled with features and functionalities. The paid versions of WordPress offer recognizable features. Due to competition, these features are made available at lower prices. The different features like drag and drop, multiple layouts, multiple templates, shortcodes, unlimited color choices, etc.
- With unlimited features, it makes the customization easy. The paid WordPress themes offer more customization options making your site look more unique and personalized one.
- As they are paid versions, they offer new and fresh theme designs. You can get a fresh theme that can perfectly relate to your web page. There are a variety of options available to choose from the most unique and freshly designed themes by the skilled & top WordPress theme developers.
- As it is a paid version, the best WordPress theme designers team is always there to solve every small issue. They offer support and updates from time to time.
You must know; Top 15 SEO Friendly WordPress Themes 2019 | Best Selling Premium Templates
Premium WordPress themes CONsThough the paid versions are excellent to bring uniqueness to the web page, there are some cons that need to be considered first.
Here are some common issues that can negatively affect the web page:
- There are possibilities that some premium themes possess too much HTML code into the template that makes a poor effect on the coding standards. The possibilities are that they may not be compatible with some plugins.
- Too many features may end up with reducing the speed of the website. Some unwanted features of the themes that you never use may put a barrier in the speed of the website rendering hosting.
- Sometimes switching between the themes may generate incompatibility of plugins.
- Buying them from trusted professional WordPress hosting sites and top-level developers are always recommended. Else, it may end up with negatively with your website and its reputation.
Bottom LineThe paid WordPress themes are good but need to be analyzed some important points. It is necessary to consider what you are buying. Buying or purchasing any WordPress theme doesn’t mean you are hiring the theme developer to set it for you. Also, it is necessary to make sure that the theme you are purchasing is delivered from a reputed shop or from a reputed hosting service. Many professional WordPress hosting services offer an excellent support system and documentation that can help you set up your theme.
For startups, free WordPress themes would be sufficient. But if the aim is to remain professional from the first moment, it is ideal to go for Premium WordPress themes.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!