Buying online AC, fridges, washing machines, dishwashers, and other major kitchen and home appliances are now becoming more beneficial choices in India as compared to other countries. There are many benefits in buying household supplies online. First of all, you get unbeatable discount prices. Also, you get brand-new and genuine products. Other benefits include no interest EMI payments, and moreover you also able to return the product for a full refund if not satisfied, etc.
Just to give you an example, below are some of the benefits by the Amazon India, the leading global online retailer, offering the most affordable sale. The same deals & offers are not always available, but it is a good idea to check this link to the special offers page on Amazon.in India's website.
WordPress developers used to search; what are the most common WordPress terms to know about WordPress? Checking common WordPress terms before starting A WordPress blog? How to get familiar with some of the common terms of WordPress? And so on...
WordPress is a really easy and secure platform for creating websites or starting a WP blog. That's why more than 32% of all of the websites on this web world is powered by WordPress, and still more users are starting as well as moving blogger blog to WordPress to develop their own website to market their merchandise. So, if you are one of those who is looking to publish a blog with WordPress CMS, then this post will be of great interest to you. It is one of the best pages on PBB wrote to help WordPress beginners to start and familiarize themselves with the common WordPress terms and acronyms.
However, before starting a blog, there are few important WordPress terms that you must be aware of. These WordPress definition & the most commonly used terms in WordPress tutorials will allow you in getting started with WordPress. Having a brief knowledge of the terms is really important as they are commonly used in web development. For a tech-savvy person, these most standard WordPress terms are just part of everyday routine work, but on the other hand, it becomes harder to understand those WordPress terms quickly particularly if it’s your first time owning a website. Curiously, quite a lot of users should not be familiar with the most common WordPress phrases and unaware of what they stand for. It is the reason I have outlined the leading WordPress phrases that you should understand & then I described short dictionary of commonly used WordPress terms & expressions below that you need to know while blogging.
If you want to start a brand new WordPress blog, you’ll want to be familiar with WordPress terminologies and still have a basic understating of the features they offer. Understanding of basic terms of WordPress is surely going to help the novice to learn more about WordPress functionality. Here’s I have listed the most common 10 WordPress key terms & definition that every site owner should know.
In the previous post, I was talking about; 5 Google Adsense Terms & Policies Every Blogger Must Aware | Beginners Guide and today I'm here to talk about WordPress terms and basic definitions that every blogger must know.
Having information is the must for getting started with anything. So let's start to know most common WordPress terms that will encounter in your WordPress blogging journey.
WordPress Terminology: Top 10 of The Most Common WordPress Terms You Need To KnowNow WordPress is very easy and secure blogging platform for building websites. But when you work on WordPress content management it is necessary to remember some common topics. Here are some of the most often used phrases and terms you will hear when talking about WordPress.
Even though, you are not yet started using WordPress on your blog; I suggest you know about these WP terms and that'll assist you in the future. These are the common terms that most of the web designers & developers are used to describe the clients while building the website. So its required you should get familiar with common WordPress phrases.
Let's have a look at 10 of the most common WordPress terms that you need to know before starting a WordPress blog:
1. WordPress ThemesThemes are one of the most popular terms that are used in the WordPress world. They play a major role in designing the functionalities and visual appeal of your blog. Themes will enable you to increase the speed of your blog and creating an amazing layout for it. These are also referred to as templates or skins.
WordPress will give you the option to choose from the free or the paid versions. Most of the beginners will utilize free themes; however, those who are willing to spend will choose the paid ones. All the WordPress themes are regularly updated for fixing any security issues, taking care of bugs and enhance the user experience.
You may like to know Top 30 Best-Selling WordPress Themes | Most Popular Premium Website Templates
2. Backend/FrontendThe part of the WordPress interface that is hidden from the visitors and readers is called the backend. This is the purpose why they are not able to see it. A WordPress administrator will only have access to it. It is commonly known as the WordPress dashboard. The backend will enable you to schedule and edit the blog posts, add advertisements, create pages, customize themes, install or disabling themes and plugins, etc.
The interface of the blog that is available for the visitors is termed as frontend. It includes all the things like the layout of the blog, color, design, sidebars, navigation bar, active banners, published posts, etc. The WordPress themes customization at the backend will give a different look to your blog at frontend. Along with the themes, there are some plugins that will assist you in making changes from the frontend.
You must aware about 8 Best Blogging Safety Tips to Make Your Blog Safe & Secure
3. WordPress PluginsAlong with themes, plugins will enable you to add some extra features to your blogs. WordPress offers you a wide range of plugins that you can choose from. A WordPress user that has used the backend area will be very familiar with a plugin.
A plugin will be very useful for your blog as it will improve the speed of your blog, enhance its security, create a backup for your website, add opt-in forms, monetize the blog, share the posts on social media, reduce the size of images, improve the SEO, etc.
While choosing plugins you must aware about 5 Reasons Why Visitors Bounce From Your Business Blog
4. FTP (File Transfer Protocol)Once you are done with the initial setup, FTP doesn't require much work to be done on it. This is because this is taken care by the user-friendly WordPress hosting services. But it still is important for each and every WordPress user to have knowledge about FTP. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a data transfer protocol that will allow the independent exchange of files between different servers or computers.
FTP will allow to quickly move a file from the computer to the server of your website without going through the cPanel. You can also use FTP to transfer a backed up file from the server to your computer. On setting it up successfully, by providing the username hostname, password, and port by can log in easily.
Recommended to read the Beginners Guide: 7 Ways To Speed Up Your WordPress Site
5. WordPress WidgetsWidgets are the individual elements that can be included directly into the header, footer or the sidebar of your blog. These are added from the backend for improving the layout of your blog, creating extra areas for displaying some specific features and managing the advertisements.
The popular widgets include features like displaying the post categories, newest posts, and latest comments, social media sharing buttons, and autoresponder opt-in forms.
Most important you need to know 8 Serious WordPress Mistakes To Avoid While Creating a Website Beginner Make // Fix WordPress
6. MySQLWordPress blogs have a major dependency on MySQL for all the information that is related to the blog. Most of the WordPress hosting services companies provide MySQL as the database server. It can be accessed easily in the cPanel that has been provided by the hosting company. By accessing a MySQL database, you will be able to do the following things.
- Optimizing the WordPress Database
- Taking backup of Database
- Dropping a Table
All the tasks that are related to MySQL Database are administered by the plugins. So, don't have to worry about it.
Check out; Free VS Premium WordPress Themes: Pay Or Not | Which is Best? | Pros and Cons | Comparison
7. PermalinksThese are the permanent addresses or URLs for every post, page, download links, categories and all the other things on the website. Permalinks is an URL in the address bar that is sent to people for making them visit a specific page on your website.
WordPress gives you the option to choose different permalink structures for your website. You can select any of those that best suits your website. Some of the webmasters like to add a category while others choose to leave it without adding. It will all grow up to what you prefer and the SEO practices you follow.
You may also like to check; Top 15 Biggest Blogging Mistakes To Avoid
8. Web HostA web host provides hosting - it is a company that will give you services & hosting space used for storing the applications and files for your blogging website. The web hosting provider will offer you access to the small piece of the web.
There are a lot of websites consisting of different domain names. All these websites are part of the web hosting account. The setting up and managing of the necessary software and the web servers is done by the web hosts. All these will enable you to build a blogging website online without facing any hassles.
Quickly read: Top 5 Key Factors To Choose The Best Web-Hosting For Your Website | Quick Guide
9. PermissionsWordPress needs a set level of permissions for performing some specific tasks. One of the best methods to avoid any of the security issues is to only allow a minimum of what is required.
WordPress has certain default permissions for the files and folders. These can be adjusted depending on the configurations of the server. It is totally up to you about the level of security that you want to maintain for your files.
10. MalwareMalware is a chunk of code that will act in a manner in which it is not recommended to. It will try to break the things or even access the information that should be kept secure. This is similar to a virus that infects our personal computers but in a more worse manner.
Your blog will be accessible to the public on the Internet. It could infect a lot of users that come across your blog. This could in return result in spreading the malware to many other users on the web.
Bottom LineThe above-mentioned WordPress terms will be very beneficial for you especially if you are new to the blogging platform. These terms will basically guide you on how to start a WordPress blog. Even if you are an established WordPress blogger, the above terms must be well known to you.
Please let me know your views about the article in the comments section below.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!