People also ask; Why do I keep getting 'This site Cannot be reached'? Fixing this site can’t be reached err_connection_timed_out? How to fix refused connection? What does it mean when a connection is refused? How to allow Chrome to access the network in my firewall? And so on... This error is usually generated mostly if you don't have a connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be triggered by a dead DNS server response or a firewall blocking the Google Chrome from locating the network.
Most of you have already tried everything from deleting all cookies, clearing cache to checking the Internet firewall settings. The reason of the error causing some websites not loading is because of DNS lookup failed - it means having trouble connecting to the server via its domain name. It may be because your IPv4 DNS records are not configured correctly. When trying to go to some websites, it prevents Google Chrome from connecting to some sites and web pages, and you get the error message: "This site can't be reached, The connection was reset."
Many users are affected by the issue. Many users also tried with Network troubleshooter and tried using a different web browser such as IE, Firefox; but no luck. Me too was getting this message a few days back, and here I want to share all possible solutions that will help you to get rid of this error.
However, this problem is not limited to Google Chrome only it continues inside other browser and even prevents from connecting to the sites. Is this a problem with your ISP? Or modem? Or Antivirus? Or Firewall? What can you do to fix "This site can't be reached" error? Check out working methods and follow this tutorial showing server DNS address could not be found fix.
In the previous tutorial you have seeen, [FIXED] How To Stop Unwanted Emails & Unsubscribe From All Spam | How to Guide and today we are going to how to open TCP/TP and run DNS to surf all website on Google chrome.
[SOLVED] "This Site Can’t Be Reached"Windows DNS client is not working because of the misconfiguration of DNS address in network settings. But this error is not only by DNS failure, but there are also many reasons possible to cause it. If your system clock isn't set correctly, then you will run into the error of "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" Always make sure you have correct windows time and date.
These are working methods you can try to solve "This Site Can’t Be Reached". I would suggest you go from first to last:
1. Allow DNS Prefetching.If you getting the error only with the chrome then you can follow these steps;
- Make sure you are using updated Google Chrome version of your Windows.
- Open and go to Chrome settings >> Show advanced settings >> Privacy column
- Look for "Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly"
- Select its checkbox to allow DNS prediction. Restart the Chrome browser only & check.
You may also like to read: What’s QoS? How To Boost & Increase The Internet Speed by QoS | Make Router Faster
2. Try Windows Network Diagnostic.
- Go to "Open Network and Sharing Center" in control panel.
- Open "Properties" of active "Network Connection"
- In Wifi Status window, click on Diagnosis to run Network troubleshooter
- It will start detecting the problems and run possible fixes to solve any network issues you have.
- After completing diagnosis, disconnect the internet and reconnect to check.
You may also like to read; Firefox Booster - SpeedyFox | Quickly Make Firefox Run Faster
3. Disable "Experimental QUIC protocol" flag in Chrome.
- Open chrome and type "chrome://flags/" in the address bar to open a page that shows "Careful, these experiments may bite"
- Press ctrl+F to find "Experimental QUIC protocol"
- Quickly disable it by changing "Default" to "Disabled" option from the drop-down menu.
- And relaunch your chrome browser to save the flag settings. Check.
As a chrome user, you must know; 28 Steps How To Make Google Chrome 8x Faster (100% Working) | How Chrome Flags Speedup Browser
4. DNS flush & Reset TCP/IP Network.One of the recommended solutions in that thread involves resetting the TCP/IP network in Windows. When your DNS is not able to convert URL or domain name to IP by TCP/TP protocol, then there is DNS lookup failure. You need to reset your TCP/IP to its default values.
a. Open Command Prompt or PowerShell with admin privileges
b. Type each instruction and press enter [Run all instructions one by one];
- Type "ipconfig /release" >> press Enter
- Type "ipconfig /all" >> press Enter
- Type "ipconfig /flushdns" >> press Enter
- Type "ipconfig /renew" >> press Enter
- Type "netsh int ip set dns" >> press Enter
- Type "netsh winsock reset" >> press Enter
Check out; 5 Tips To Speed Up Windows Boot Time By ‘Turn on fast startup’ Option // Make Windows 10/8/7 Faster
5. Check & change Working DNS IP.Most of the time it is because of DNS lookup failure that prevents you from visiting websites. Change the DNS IP address and check.
- Go to "Open Network and Sharing Center" in control panel
- Open "Properties" of active "Network Connection"
- Double-click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP)" or open its properties.
- In the option of "Use the following DNS server addresses" use the following DNS IP address:
OpenDNS server IP addresses:
Preferred DNS server:184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server:220.127.116.11
Google Public DNS IP addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server:22.214.171.124
- Don't forget to select "Validate settings upon exit"
- Click OK and check that will actually fix the failing DNS lookup failure error.
RECOMMENDED: Major 15 Ways, How To Secure Gmail Account From Hackers | Google Security Tips
Related; Top 7 Tips to Speed Up, Optimize & Improve Windows PC Performance For Faster Operations
6. Reset Network Adapter drivers.Note that this will reset all your modem settings and all your connected network passwords. Make sure you know the passwords to connect it later.
- Go to Control Panel >> Device Manager
- Look for Network adapters
- Right click on each and chose to uninstall the driver software.
- It's must you RESTART the computer. Connect to the network and check.
7. Reset modem & reconfigure WiFi settings.This is the most working method. Here you need to reset everything comes with your modem. Change your connections names, all their passwords and reconfigure. Sometimes, your ISP has been modified the static IPs, and they used to alter the setting for security reasons.
Resetting all the settings and reconfiguring all your Wifi connections will surely solve this error of "This Site Can’t Be Reached"
You may also like to read; 12 Killer Tips to Improve Photoshop Performance by 200% (CS5, CS6, CC) | Optimize Photoshop
8. Reset Chrome, Clear all flags & Reinstall new version.One of our readers sends the message about how he solves this error quickly.
a. Reset all flags: Open chrome and type "chrome://flags/" in the address bar and click "Reset all to defaults" button. Check.
b. Reset Chrome: Go to chrome settings >> Show advanced setting >> At bottom-last click on "Reset settings" to restore defaults. Check.
c. Reinstalling: Remove Chrome and all its settings from your browser. Clean registry with Ccleaner and then install new updated Google chrome. And check whether it solves the error.
9. Use Chrome Addon To Encrypts traffic and Unlocks Sites.It's a free add-on you can try out with your chrome. Install it from the link below. You will get the icon near to address bar, click on it and choose the preferred country you would like. That's it, you will able to surf again those sites. Try out.
Install Browsec VPN
Follow all the above steps and let us know which step works better for you. Moreover, you can share your views, and if you know any better idea to bypass this error "This Site Can’t Be Reached" then you can share it via comment section shown below.
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!