And now the questions are how to optimize Windows? How to get my pc to run faster? How to get your laptop to run faster? how to make Windows faster that ever? How to disable, enable unwanted features? What are quick ways & essential tips to speed up a slow Windows PC? How to speed up a laptop for gaming? How to turn off visual effects to free up RAM? What is the best way to make computer faster? And so on...
If you want to find out what makes a computer fast and top tips & tricks to make Windows faster then you are on the right page. This page also offers helpful directions & suggestions to speed up a laptop in easy steps. Here today, I listed top tips below to provide you some quick, easy ways & steps to improve and tweaks Windows for better performance. Learn more about speed up computer & Windows update issues on slow computers that include optimizing RAM, Hard Disk with troubleshooting Windows update.
Ready to make Windows 10 super fast in case you Windows running slow and causing delayed operations. Check out performance troubleshooter tips for Windows to speed up and optimize computer running slow windows giving a low performance. These are best ways to boost Windows performance. I found these methods working super to run my computer smooth & dramatically faster after troubleshooting windows & taking Windows performance monitoring to a new level.
People used to search; how to slow pc fix quickly and optimize computer performance? How to test computer performance to diagnose the issues? pc performance tool, best pc performance test to run on the system, how to check system performance? How to optimize my pc RAM & CPU usage? Any best pc performance tools to improve computer performance? How to optimize my computer? Check out quick free computer performance tips. You can test computer speed performance with following considerations to fix pc speed. Learn to speed up pc performance and get optimize your computer especially speed up the computer for gaming flow.
I have combined and listed only the best ways from my experiments. Moreover, these steps don't require any paid third party software nor technical knowledge. Follow these free, easy and working tips to make windows faster and faster. This is the ultimate guide to optimizing your computer for peak performance without buying new hardware. You can boost OS operations & performance reliability with these following simple Windows tweaks & techniques.
Once, I had received the question - how to solve a slow PC by disabling unnecessary Windows services? how to fix the computer loads slow? how to make my system faster? in answering to it last time we have seen Quick 5 Tips to Speed Up Windows, Boot Time & Make Windows Faster and in continuing it, I have added more techniques that will also boost your current windows operation & response time that makes you work faster with the same machine. Follow these steps to speed up your PC 3x faster than ever.
Also read: How to Play HD Video on Slow Computer
Top 7 Tips to Optimize & Improve Windows Performance FastIn most cases, the PC slows down after installing the Microsoft windows developer updates. The performance optimization is an extremely broad subject, there are various free Softwares and other methods which can raise & improve your system performance. But we are going to optimize & improve your Windows PC or Laptop in a safe manner without any software or tool.
Learn to speed Up, clean Up, & revive your Windows PC:
1. Speed Up Your Computer's Boot TimeSpecific programs are ready to start up at the time of windows booting, they all cause CPU speed down. Additional or unneeded components in the startup list will clearly lay down your startup time. For example, yahoo messenger, Gtalk, Utorrent, quick time or any other unwanted tools...
In case, if you don't know about any software stuff, it's not considerable trouble, perhaps you may ignore by removing them from the startup list. And if you get any problem further, you may restore all desired items into the startup list as it is...
These are the adjustable tricks, without any external software support.
Just follow the given steps:
- Click Start button >> RUN
- "msconfig", without quotas. Press, Enter
- A "System Configuration Utility" window will open
- Click the Startup tab. Now you will observe the columns like startup items, commands, etc.
- Now you have to uncheck the undesired startup items from this list
- After this, press OK button
- It prompted to restart the computer to apply changes
- After restarting, a bulletin will be displayed. You select the option that, "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start"
You may like to read: How To Change Keyboard Settings & Type Marathi / Hindi or Any Language in Windows without Any Software
2. Add the Quick Launch Bar to the TaskbarUse quick launch instead of Desktop icons. On computer startup, the desktop icons will take some time to appear. And this causes some delay to begin work. So you do better make your desktop free of icons.
However, about regular softwares, use quick launch. Means, create the shortcuts of your regular softwares and drag these shortcut icons on the quick launch bar.
To enable a quick launch:
- Right click on the taskbar
- Under "Toolbars" select the "Quick Launch" option.
Also read: Turn Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot To Share An Internet
3. Turn Off Indexing in Windows for Better PerformanceIndexing Services is a system process which indexes and renovates lists of all the files present on the entire disk on your computer. Furthermore, it uses large amounts of memory and this will make your computer speed lay down.
When you search for something on your PC, it helps to search faster by examining the indexed file lists. If you don’t use windows search on your computer frequently, then you can disable file Indexing service.
To disable indexing service, do the following:
- Go to Start >> Select the Control Panel option
- Then Double-click on "Add/Remove Programs" and Click the 'Add/Remove Windows Components' icon on the left side of the window. This may take a few seconds to load. Wait for a while.
- Look for the "Indexing Services"component in the list and Uncheck the Indexing Services item from it.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
The alternative way to search the file from your computer is using the quick searching Softwares like AvaFind, Instant File Find. This software finds any desired file you want within a fraction of seconds, perhaps, it finds a file while you're typing the file name. Also, it doesn't cause any memory related problem.
RECOMMENDED: Make Computer Run 10x Faster By Using Virtual Memory | RAM Optimization
4. Change the theme & optimize visual display quality to speedup PC operationsWindows Visual Appearance is full of visual effects, looks very appealing but displaying all the visual items can waste system resources. It is high time that you disabled all that resource-hogging eye candy to free up precious system resources.
Turning off the graphical enhancements in Windows is very easy. For a good report, aesthetics, and performance, leaving only the following options enabled. These enhancements, although fancy-looking, do take a heavy toll on your system resources at times.
Just follow the steps given below:
- Right click on My Computer
- Select properties
- Go to Advanced tab
- In the Performance box click Settings
- Under visual effects choose "best performance" You will notice that all the items get unchecked
- Now tick only the following items:
"Use common tasks in folders"
"Use drop shadows for icons labels on the desktop"
"Use visual styles on windows and buttons"
- Finally, you will see that the option got set to custom automatically, don't bother about it.
[You can adjust these settings as per your view and requirements]
- Click Apply and OK.
Check out : [FIX] Desktop Display Screen Flickering /Flashing Error in Windows | Troubleshoot Refresh Rate
5. Change the size of the virtual memory paging filePaging file present on the hard disk which is used by windows regularly as like a RAM. The page file in XP is a hidden file called pagefile.sys. It is regenerated at each boot. Whenever, you are going to do some operation that means, you are doing the operation with your data or files, which always uses actual RAM. In a short way, the actual traffic on the file operation can be minimized by maximizing the paging file size, by means of virtual memory.
Optimize the Paging File in Windows:
- Right click on My Computer.
- Select properties.
- Go to Advanced tab In the "Performance" box click Settings.
- Go to "Virtual Memory" box click Change.
6. Improving Windows Explorer by Tweaking the Folder OptionsWhenever you are going to browse the folders on your system, most of the time you open “My Computer”, here you may notice that there is a minor delay for opening the window. Which is because of Windows automatically searches for network files and printers every time you are going to open Windows Explorer. To resolve this, and to increase browsing speed considerably.. follow the important steps stated below.
Improve Windows & File Explorer Using Folder Options:
- Open My Computer
- Go to Tools menu
- Choose Folder Options. You can find it in Control Panel too.
- Select View tab
- Uncheck the "Automatically search for network folders and printers"
- Click Apply & OK.
7. Follow Problogbooster To Stay Updated.I regularly publish most of tips & trick on Windows. Be subscribed Problogbooster newsletters to stay updated with new features and advanced tutorials that will help you to make your slow computer runs faster than before with 10x speed.
Bottom LineAll these tips & tricks are fully Tested-OK so you can try it on your system without any worry... Just follow these steps properly and you feel the boosting energy into your systems like never seen before... Don't forget to share your experience... Plus if you know any better way to speed up the computer system, then you can share it via comment section shown below, I would glad to add it directly into this page.
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!