Most trending questions searched by the users who have the laptop too slow to work are; how do you make an old computer run faster? How can I make my computer boot up faster? How to optimize Windows 10 for better performance? How do I make my Windows 7/8/10 run faster? How can I make my PC super fast?
Most of the users run the Disk Cleanup process to get more space by deleting temporary files, optional system files, and clearing your recycling bin. But only uninstalling the unwanted files and software will not make your PC faster. To get a better OS performance you especially required to provide a significant amount of hard disk space to VIRTUAL RAM for speeding up your PC.
Your computer performance will degrade over time & then the CPU performance got affected by age. You need to tweak your PC to keep it in working faster. And I am here to help and assist you keep your Windows system running smoothly with the help of new updates and tricks and windows troubleshooting tutorials.
Today I am going to talk about virtual RAM and its function. And going to solve the questions like What is virtual RAM? How to set up a virtual memory in your PC? How virtual memory works? How Virtual RAM make your computer faster? How to configure "Virtual Memory" To improve system performance? How to increase virtual memory in Windows 7/10? Does virtual RAM actually work as a real RAM? Learn more about Virtual Memory and its influences on PC performance. Find out how to change the virtual machine's memory and use RAM optimistically to get the highest performance by just configuring your system setting very quickly. This is one of the best software tips for managing OS to speed up your system.
Make Computer 10x Faster By Upgrading Virtual MemoryThere are a lot of techniques I've practiced for making computer faster. In this tutorial, I'm going to provide some of the most essential tips that you can use to speed up computer software.
I recommend the following performance optimizations for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 to FREE YOUR RAM AND IMPROVE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE:
1. Disable Virtual Memory (swap drive)Control Panel >> System >> Advanced tab >> Performance [Settings] >> Advanced tab >> Virtual Memory [Change] >> Select "No Paging file"
(It will clear your old prefetched data)
You may also like to read; Top 7 Tips to Speed Up, Optimize & Improve Windows PC Performance For Faster Operations
2. Set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to [another Drive]Control Panel >> System >> Advanced tab >> [Environment Variables]
Edit Variables TEMP and TMP. Make a folder in another drive and here just put the path.
If you using utorrent you need to check; 15 Tips To Increase uTorrent Downloading Speed (100% Working) | 8X SPEED
Check out; Fix 10 Most Common Windows 7 Issues & Solutions | Windows Optimization
3. Set the Internet Explorer (or Firefox Cache) to the another Drive [called RAM drive]Internet Explorer >> Tools >> Options >> Browsing History [Settings]
Click the [Move Folder] button, and assign the temp folder to your RAM drive.
Change the disk space to be slightly less than the capacity of the RAM drive.
Especially, placing temporary files there will mean they can be read from and written to a lot faster than even main disk, so background operations should be a lot faster.
You may also like to know; 6 Best Ways To Make Firefox 10x Faster than Chrome : AIO [about:config] | Increase Firefox Speed
4. Configure Virtual MemoryGo to Control Panel >> System >> Advanced System Settings >> Advanced Tab >> Settings in Performance box >> Go to Advanced >> Click on change in Virtual Memory >> Remove TICK mark from Automatically manage paging file size for all drives >> In custom size change;
Initial size >> 5000
Maximum size >> 7000
(You are free to choose your values. Note that the number you choose that much hard disk is acquired from your C-Drive. This will be assigned for new cache.)
RECOMMENDED: [Fixed] Video Lagging - Play HD Videos on Slow Computer // Fix YouTube Lagging/Skipping/Stuttering/Buffering/Playback/Choppy Problems
EXTRA: Preventing Data LossWhen your computer sleeps, the contents of your RAM are still stored in it, so no occurrence of data loss. When you hibernate your PC, RAM is saved to disc, so here also no data is lost.
It stores your browser cache (i.e. saved images and pages to make common page loads appear a bit faster), but the rest of your profile, is stored on the primary disk suitably, would be intact.
Here virtual memory works great, all your data is properly stored and available quickly for your use in case of sudden crashing your OS.
Make sure you read; 7 Hidden Features That You Didn’t Know in Windows
Virtual RAM: Cross Checking:You can check by the following test:
1. Start any (heavy) application, say Excel. Open some large documents.
2. Now go to Windows Task Manager and click the Processes tab and sort the list in descending order on Memory Usage. You will notice that Excel will be somewhere at the top, using multiple MBs of memory.
3. Now switch to excel and simply minimize it (Don't use the Minimize All Windows option of the taskbar).
4. Now go back to the Windows Task Manager and see where Excel is listed. Most probably you will not find it at the top. You will typically have to scroll to the bottom of the list to find excel. Now check out the amount of RAM it is using. Surprised? The memory utilization has reduced by a huge amount.
5. Minimize each application that you are currently not working on by clicking on the Minimize button.
Bottom LineYou can increase the amount of available RAM by a substantial margin. Depending upon the number and type of applications you use together, the difference can be as much as 50 percent of extra RAM.
In any multitasking system, minimizing an application means that it won't be utilized by the user right now. Therefore, the OS automatically makes the application use virtual memory & keeps bare minimum amounts of the code in physical RAM.