|Hidden Features That You Didn’t Know in Windows|
7 Hidden Features That You Didn’t Know in Windows With every system update and a newer version, Windows has just gone far behind than anyone could expect. We have compiled a list of 7 hidden features that you didn't know exist in your Windows. Take a look and you can thank us later.
1. Windows Memory DiagnosticTo start off with, Microsoft has embedded a memory checker for you. The tool is named as ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic’. [Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools] When you run this tool, it restarts your system and tests the memory for errors. Precisely, it digs out memory errors. For instance, false memories, misinformation effects, and many other errors. They are accessible from your system, and you don't need any third party tool for this.
2. Registry EditorWindows Registry should be credited for its operations (and they are also the culprits for improper operation). Henceforth, the Registry plays a significant role on your Windows. For the uninitiated, these are a set of automated database, which helps Windows behave the way it does for you. But every time you uninstall any program, it leaves its leftovers in the Registry section and affects its operations. You can take control of your system with Registry Editor. Further, it can also help you speed up Windows XP and all others versions. Just type ‘regedit’ at your start/ search menu and edit your Windows.
Note: Be careful while editing Registry. The wrong rearrangement can lead to pernicious effects.
3. System InformationSystem Information tool helps you figure out everything that exists on your system. This inbuilt utility can be extremely helpful for you to know information of system like CD-ROM, configured environment variables and start programs. Though this tool doesn’t provide you the slightest of system component information, but will give you a fair idea of what exist on it. It can great replace the information provider tools that you may download for the purpose. Find this tool by searching for it from Start screen or menu. [Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System]
4. Problem Steps RecorderMicrosoft must be smart enough while designing this canny utility. Problem Steps Recorder helps you oppositely when you need remote access, but unfortunately, it isn’t working. You simply need to search ‘psr’ from the start menu and click on ‘Start Record’. The tool then records all the activities via screenshots, in an array and convert it into HTML web browser compatible document. You can send this document through email and get the assistance for your concern.
5. Virtual MachineWell, this is an added feature to all the old ones. And apparently, it’s for you to enjoy Windows 10. You can run a virtual Windows 10 to your existing machine (or operating system) and check the updates as well as working of Windows, before you actually install it. This will give you a fair idea about the new updates rolled out in Windows 10. You can get it done via online sources.
6. Command PromptThis is again a Windows 10 update and undoubtedly it’s a bang on one. Windows 10, allows you to personalizes your system properties. Like you can resize the window, change the background to transparent, word wrap and many more. You’ll find this feature under properties. So, head on and customize it according to your preferences.
7. Print to PDFYou must be in need of a tool which can convert document files to PDF files. And more often than not, you download a third party tool for this task. However, this feature already exists in your system, and you shouldn’t be looking for a third party tool for the same. Just find the option ‘Save As’ under ‘File’ tab and save any document into PDF. Henceforth, keep them safe!
These are 7 hidden features on your Windows that can make it peculiarly. And yes, need not to say, it eliminates the need of all third-party tools on your system. Further, it can help you speed up Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10, by primarily performing their task and secondly by retrieving the space you'd give to those sluggish tools otherwise.
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!