Why does my Android phone keep rebooting automatically? —
Users used to search; Why does my phone keep restarting itself? Why does my iPhone keep restarting on its own? Why is my phone turning on and off by itself? how to stop your iPhone X restarting itself? Why does my Samsung phone restart over and over again?
If your iPhone keeps restarting over and over again on iOS 10/11/12, then here I'm going to explain some quick suggestions to fix the iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 keeps restarting again & again problem.
Android (operating system) is a Linux based open-source operating system specially designed for screen touch devices like tablets, computers, smartphones, etc. Like all other systems, after some period of time, the version needs to be updated. That is the reason, there are so many versions of Android OS available from cupcake to the latest Android One.
While updating and operating these updated devices and its functions, many times it is noticed that they come across many issues & the most familiar of them is "Android phones reboot automatically". So in this post, you will see why such a problem occurs & how to get rid of it.
It looks great when your mobile devices work well in a way you want but it makes you frustrated when it creates randomly phone rebooting issues like this. These frustrating things create doubt in mind about the device even though the Android operating or latest iOS system is a pleasure to use. The feeling is like a fired of the device. I would like to mention here that, this is not a big problem at all although it has to sort out ASAP to enjoy the greatness of the device. So let's see the reasons behind it and quick solution to fix the restarting issues of phones.
All of a sudden yesterday, my iPhone X restarted and it only stuck at the Apple logo screen, then restarted again. It goes, again and again for every 20sec, only one thing I could do was put it switched off completely. Similarly, 2-3 months back, when I was using Android, I got to fall in the same situation, it was also struck in the same situation and keep restarting. But this time it happens with iPhone and I thought to find the reasons for the restarting loop of phones and share the solutions to fix the repeatedly restarting issues of mobile phones.
In previous page I was talking about; Fix 48 Common Google Play Store Error Codes Quickly | Updated 2020
You may also like to read;
9 Reasons, Why Does My Phone Keep Restarting & Won't Turn ONCommon reasons causing your mobile phone continuously restarting and won't allow it to turn on:
1. Corrupted dataOne of the most causing reason is corrupted data found on the phone. Having a different OS software in earlier operating systems may corrupt the existing files on your device.
To fix this problem and avoid data corruption you just require to reboot your device regularly.
Once you install the latest software updates on Android or iOS, I would suggest you restart it compulsory once the update process is completed.
As an Android user, you must know; 9 Best Ways To Fix Android Battery Drain Issues 2020 | Android Problems & Solutions
2. Unsuitable appsFew third-party apps tend to crash as they are unsuitable for the new software versions since it is used and best suitable for certain versions by the manufacturers to enhance the quality of their operating system and its functions.
As a result of mismatching OS versions to the applications, certain apps will stop the device functioning, and cause the normal reboot process. To fix this problem you can reboot the device in safe mode.
- Android Safe Mode: Press and hold the power button >> you get the menu list >> now press and hold the POWER option on the screen >> it will ask to restart the phone in safe mode.
- iPhone Safe Mode: Press and hold the power+home button >> once you get the apple logo >> press and hold the VOLUME UP button >> it will take time, and your iPhone starts in safe mode.
In safe mode, just remove the unwanted or unsuitable apps or most recent apps those causing the phone freezing.
You may also like to know; 15 Best Ways, Speed Up Your Android WITHOUT ROOT
3. Clear cache itemsYou might have seen the word "clear cache". A cache is a place where something is stored temporarily while running the application. This has a noticeable effect on rebooting automatically. This can be fixed by clearing the cache.
Clearing junk files, memory hogs and deleting unwanted cache is one of the best ways to give your phone a fresh start to speed up the phone functions. Also, help with closing all background running apps at once, and avoid freezing, lockups, and other hanging up issues.
Try following apps to clean junck files and also get extra space on your phone:
- For Android: Clean Master Lite (CM Lite)
- For iPhone: Dr. Cleaner
You may also like to know; Top 17 New iPhone X Features You Don’t Know About | iOS11, FaceID, Evo Glass, Portrait Selfies & Many More
4. Insecure appsPoor quality or less secure apps can also be a reason for the auto reboot. Be sure to use the default and uninstall the apps usually you don't use.
Disable access to these less secure apps. The apps you use should be genuine & useful and downloaded from an authorized app store, especially the apps you use for email & text messaging. Sometimes receiving a message on those insecure apps can cause an auto reboot. So switching to the genuine and default apps can fix the unwanted issues.
Some of you may notice those flagged apps keep running in the background and it can also be cause for an auto-reboot without your permissions.
When you think your Android/iOS is continuously rebooting automatically due to installing or an app running in the background then try this:
- Uninstall the apps you don't really require.
- Make sure you have the latest version of apps. Go to play store and update all apps you need.
Make sure to download from an authorized app store, and install any app from secure, authenticated websites. In the Play Store app, you can activate the "Play Protect" function to scan you installed apps automatically.
Check out; Top 15 Must Have Android Apps (2020) Right After Buying A New Smartphone
5 Unofficial firmwareOn some occasions user want to change the operating system, it causes the possibilities of the Android/iOS firmware software corrupt.
Trying another version of ROM or in alliance with other compatible ROM can fix this issue only if you really wanted to use a custom Android ROM. If you are not willing to change the OS, and still facing the restarting loop issue, then I must say, you have to go for factory data reset.
RECOMMENDED: Top 25 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than iPhone in The Market 2020
For better views check out; Why iPhones Better Than Androids? 25 Reasons Proves It | iPhone Vs. Android
6. Stock ROM compatibilityStock ROM is a unique development by mobile system providers to make their graphical interface look different & unique from others. Sometimes the automatically rebooting issues may be found with pre-built or pre-boot features by default OS provider. This includes At & t, Verizon, Fido which may become a reason for your Android phone to reboot automatically. Such cases tend to found mostly with some Samsung Galaxy phones on which Stock ROM'S are the pre-installed OS.
Restart your phone in downloading mode, and clear the data and cache. It will not only clear the apps but also the default settings - its called HARD RESET.
7. Not able to auto syncSometimes you may face some apps, games & software are updated automatically.
Even more, you have installed the most updated version, which may cause your app to be incompatible with the updates being installed. And this may create troubles for the apps in communicating with your software to function properly. As I noticed, this generally happens with Gmail updates & pre-installed apps. The same also applied to the case of auto syncing the contacts.
Check out; Top 12 Best Ways To Speed Up Rooted Android | Top 10 ROOTED Android Apps
8. High CPU frequencySamsung Galaxy S4 offers a 1.6 GHz CPU. Over the counter, this looks so good, but many times this high CPU frequency can be a reason for an Android phone to reboot automatically (Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has stopped.).
You can still face accidental shutting down/restarting problem due to the high CPU frequency allotted to the process. This tends to happen with most of the newly bought high CPU frequency mobiles even when there is no app downloaded & widget is installed.
For better speedup the phone, you can read; Greenify - Optimize Your Android To Run 10x Faster | Auto Android Phone Booster & Battery Saver App
9. Ignoring apps updateGenerally, people seem to ignore the notification to update apps & that also may cause your Android phone to reboot automatically.
Some of the old Android phones don't have the option to get updated to the latest Android version. But for now, you can check if there is an update available. If it is you can install it to keep your phone up to date.
Don't forget to check the most trending page on PBB: 12 Tips To Save, Improve, Boost & Extend Mobile Battery Life
I hope today I tried to fix the restarting problem causing your phone randomly shutting down and restart continuously. If you have any other method and want to share some ideas or to give feedback you can tell via comment section shown below.
If you feel this page help you little, then don't forget to hit the like, share button. Also requesting you to subscribe to get the tech updates on your mail directly.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!