People used to search; what does it mean to stay safe? How do you stay safe? How do you stay safe on the Internet? What are internet safety tips for students? How can we be safe on Internet facts? Any list of DO's and DON'Ts to follow while doing online transactions? And so on... There are 100 ways to stay safe online published on the net, but check the best and most working methods to protect yourself on the internet particularly for online banking.
I understand that safety and security are of the most important things to fight against the dangers on the internet especially in the banking operations. The bank makes the investments and wants to make sure all of their existing and prospective customers are well informed about the security drills and tips.
Your bank is committed to securing the safety of your account information and maintaining the security of all your banking accounts and its access. From time to time, the financial organization and many banking websites can be affected by massive and irrelevant website traffic from malicious sources (DDoS attack), which can block clients from accessing & using their banking accounts online. The security professionals are aware of such threats & attacks conducted against the users and their bank accounts and want to reassure you that they use advanced technology to further protect you from scams and they also continuously monitors the banking websites to ensure it remains available to all the customers. The fraud detection team working continuously for monitoring the clients' accounts, to detect fraud or unauthorized use, that often helps to get early warnings before you get aware of it.
Not just for the online safety, but as an ATM cardholder, you should regularly keep yourself updated assured that you're trying to learn new ways to help secure and protect you and your account and to prevent attack by suspicious activity on your card. This page is totally intended at improving security awareness, and with the precautions, it will increase the comfort and confidence to perform safe and secured online banking operations. Not only just tightening your security on the browser but learn to have a secure banking experience from your mobile device too.
|Stay Safe Online|
How to stay safe online | Internet Security AlliancePlease note that this page is construed as encouragement or support to stay safe online with the following objectives:
- Fighting against the hack, penetration or any fraud attempt to gain unauthorized access to your banking account in violation of applicable law.
- Preventing the attempts to disclose, use & gaining any private, classified or confidential data, including any customer information.
Learn the best practices to remain safe and how you protect yourself to stay safe online:
1. Always check the website link.
|Check the website link|
The green address bar on the website is a security feature adopted by latest browsers that allow you to know and validate that the site you are transacting has undergone an extended security audit.
Always check and ensure that the web address of the website, i.e. official link (URL) where you are making your online transactions.
2. Protect while you connect.
Make sure the link starts with 'HTTPS' and not by 'HTTP'.
Having a habit to check between an unsecured and a secure website connection will help you stay safe while surfing the web.
3. Keep your computer & system secure.Always perform sensitive or high-risk online banking transactions from a secure computer.
Your operating system must be updated with the latest security updates & patches, and also the anti-virus, antispyware software must have the latest virus database to fight against any kind of attack.
Also, you must configure the personal firewall as because it is a network security system that controls and checks the network traffic based on the predecided security protocols.
You may also like to read; 7 Best Ways To Protect Against Petya/ GoldenEye Ransomware | Online Security
4. Changing ATM.As per the RBI guidelines, you must replace your ATM cards to chip-based cards, as it is the latest standard in ATM card security. And do not keep the PIN given by the bank together with your ATM card.
Also change your card PIN (Personal Identification Number) periodically.
5. Avoid disclosing personal info.Do not disclose any private information online like your birth date, billing address, etc.,
Sharing your private data on the Internet can be misused in order to unlock your account password.
6. Avoiding identity theft.Never share card details, social security number, or bank account number over the phone or with anyone in person as it is an easy way for cybercriminals to get access to your confidential card information and make the online transactions.
Always keep your shred papers that have your personal information, financial records, or even the bank passbooks, ATM cards in a safe place.
7. Stop sending bank information by email.You should never, ever send your credit or debit card number through email unless you know the recipient is reliable and secured.
Avoid sending & sharing 16 digit card numbers or any account details over the email to prevent any malicious use by intruders.
RECOMMENDED; 15 Ways To Secure Gmail Account From Hackers | Google Security Tips
Related; Is Antivirus Required For Android Phones? Tips to Remove Malware from Phone | Android Security
8. Check statement of accounts.Checking your account statements & ATM transaction can help you identify any misuse or fraud.
Always review account statements related to the card time-to-time and in case of any error, notify the card issuer bank.
9. Ensure card options.Verify whether your card is enabled or disabled for international use; if it is not necessary just disable the international transactions on your credit/debit card.
Check for any additional options such as limiting the usage of cards on different payment channels like other bank ATM, eCommerce websites, domestic/international usage periodically.
10. CARD=CASHNever leave your bank passbook, credit cards, ID or any valuables unattended.
Always treat your card like cash.
11. Always check bank notifications.Your bank will automatically send an email notification to confirm whenever you change the password.
By using the account monitoring tools, these bank notifications allow an appropriate acknowledgment to all the customers automatically who did not make any changes.
These bank notifications provide you peace of mind especially for those who did initiate the change themselves.
12. Authenticate yourself.While making any online banking transactions, such as money transfers, or any with your cards, if your login attempt gets failed or showing unauthorized, then it will ask for additional questions or send you a one-time-use passcode (OTP) in order to verify your identity before accessing the account. Furthermore; if required your bank will send you a notification with immediate action to reset your password to safely recover access.
Also never ever share OTP with anyone, neither the bank nor any customer care asks password or OTP to help get access your account.
13. Emergency assistance.To get in touch with customer care, keep the helpline phone numbers, text, email ID with you for any kind of help.
If you get one-time-passcode (OPT) on your mobile at the inappropriate time where you are away from making any transactions or banking activity, you must understand there has been unauthorized account access. And you need to report it as early as possible to the concern team by emergency assistance or helpline numbers.
14. Don't entertain suspicious SMS.This is a most common trick the hackers use whenever they wanted to get access to your account or asking for money. Instead of replying those suspicious messages, just ignore or find another way to contact.
Not just SMS but don't entertain such a scam email messages or if you've found any security issue, I would suggest you report such messages asap to your bank officials.
Must read; Top 12 Best Ways To Identify & Protect Against Phishing Scams | Email Phishing Prevention
I hope that all these above tips would enhance the security awareness & education initiatives on the part of customers in creating a cyber-secure culture where they could stay safe, secure and have a pleasurable online banking experience.
What do you think about the banking you have an account with? Are they providing the best security for you and your account? What steps you take to ensure the security of your bank accounts? Let me know via comment section shown below.
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!