Protect Your Social Media Accounts From Hackers —
We are in the middle of social media and security threats, and need of social media cyber security methods produces a superior ground. Unfortunately, rare are those who take adequate care about what is going on their social media profiles, and if you’re not one of them, then it’s about time to start. The good news that you’re not alone in your endeavors to have safe access to your social media accounts whenever you want, and there are some top-notch apps to help you along the way.
In this article, we’ll focus on the best security app for android that can help you improve the overall security of your social media and your online identity in general. We will be presenting on Cyber Security and Social Media & you just need to follow these apps for coping with the threats to global security social network analysis. Let's check out how to stay safe on social networks and how to secure personal information on social media.
Top 10 Best Android Apps To Protect Your Social Media AccountsCheck out the best security apps for android to protect your online identity and privacy:
1. Social Media VaultIf you’re juggling more than three social media accounts on your Android smartphone, then you should seriously consider getting the Social Media Vault. If you’re taking care of your security already, then you know that you shouldn’t be constantly logged into your profiles, because that makes them vulnerable to all kinds of security breaches. However, typing in your username and password every time you want to check Twitter gets old really quickly and this is where this app comes to mind.
Social Media Vault allows you to log in to all your accounts at once by using one pattern or password, which is incredibly useful. Your accounts will be protected and your life much easier because you’ll get all you need in one spot.
You must know Top 3 Challenges for Staying Safe Online While You Surfing The Internet - Beginners Guide
2. Hootsuite Account ManagerHootsuite is so much more than just an app that helps you protect your social networks’ accounts, it’s a whole social media management system that has many uses. One of the strongest features of this app, however, is that it takes special care about who can actually access your accounts, as well as the pages you’re running and this is a great perk if you’re running official accounts of your company or business.
By using Hootsuite, you can easily enable anyone who you trust to log into different accounts safely, without disclosing the confidential information about usernames and passwords to them. Having this app will make safe social media accounts management much easier and much, much safer.
3. LastPass Password ManagerThis is a great app for everyone that has several profiles that are constantly used. Password managers are nifty little apps that enable you to store all the passwords of your accounts in one place, an encrypted vault, from where you can use them to your convenience without any security risk. This Android app will not only keep your passwords protected, but it will also help you generate new, evens stronger ones so that hackers can’t touch you.
Aside from these main features, LastPass offers the possibility of keeping digital records of any confidential information that you need to store somewhere and everything will be covered in layers of encryption and protected at all times. Passwords for your social media need to be as bulletproof as possible, and LastPass can make that happen.
As a blogger, you need to check 8 Best Blogging Safety Tips to Make Your Blog Safe & Secure
4. Avast Free Antivirus for AndroidWhile it’s true that you need to have your social media in check, it is just as important to keep your Android safe too. One of the very first things you should do when you get your new Android device is to get antivirus software as soon as possible. We’re mentioning Avast because its antivirus for Android has proven its worth over time and gained much sympathy and recommendation from users.
Maybe you don’t need the premium version of Avast and you’ll be completely satisfied by the protection that the free app has to offer, but whatever you choose, choose quickly and set it up on your phone. Just one wrong click on a wrong link can cause chaos with everything you’ve got on your device and one piece of spyware can seriously endanger your online identity, including your presence on social networks. Use one security software to cover as many weak points in your system as possible.
5. Find a Trustworthy VPN ProviderThere are thousands of VPN companies out there that offer their services, but you need to choose wisely. Virtual private networks are there to take good care of your internet privacy and enable you to keep your activities untraceable, but there are often providers that promise much more than they can deliver.
Basically, VPNs encrypt your internet connection, so that no type of surveillance can keep tabs on what you’re doing on your social media profiles. Social media accounts are great openings for identity theft and having everything encrypted and made to look like it’s coming from another IP address will make it hacking your profiles much harder to achieve. VPNs will not only protect your social media but will also mask your IP address so that it can’t be traced and all you have to do is pick a country where you want your IP to go to.
6. LogDogYou can easily suppose what this app does just by its name – it watches over your social media accounts like a faithful watchdog. We don’t really have a way of knowing if somebody is trying to hack into our Facebook or Instagram account, but LogDog actually makes it possible to know exactly if someone’s trying to get their claws into your privacy.
The Android app supervises all the social media apps you give it access to and alerts you the second someone tries to gain unauthorized access. LogDog is constantly scanning your social media accounts in search of potential threats so you don’t have to burden yourself and worry.
7. AppLockHaving a good app lock is something you should definitely consider because you will benefit from it in many different ways. Not only will you be capable of locking all the social media apps so that no one but you can have access to them, but you can also lock your bank app and anything else that contains confidential information you wouldn’t want to share. You can even lock your gallery and notes, just if you want to be extra safe.
AppLock will quickly and efficiently lock all the social networks’ apps you’ve got on your phone, and all you want to do is set a password that will unlock them. This app is yet another way to grant yourself safe and quick access to your social media accounts without having to go through the arduous process of constantly having to log in and remember all the different passwords.
RECOMMENDED: 15 Ways To Secure Your Gmail Account - Google Security Tips
8. CryptoChatCryptoChat was made to ensure the privacy and security of all messages on your devices, be it online or offline. If you don’t want to risk someone going through your Facebook messages or even emails, then CryptoChat will do a great job for you. This Android app encrypts all your messages by default, as long you remember to set the app so that it covers your instant messaging and everything else you believe should be protected from prying eyes.
This is a great little app that will give you some peace of mind because let’s face it, nobody wants for some stranger to go through their private messages on social media and CryptoChat grants you that privacy.
9. Minds Secure Social NetworkMinds is an app that takes your security to a whole new level, simply because it’s a complete social network that takes care of its users’ security much more than mainstream social media. If you’ve really set your mind to have secure communication on the internet, but still want to take full advantage of everything that social media has to offer, then Minds could be an interesting idea for you.
The thought behind the app is pretty simple, you make a profile on the network and do everything you would do on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with one important difference – everything you do and share is encrypted and safe from surveillance and tracking.
Follow 6 Ways To Protect An eCommerce Website [Online Store] Against Hacks & Frauds
10. KiboKibo is another app that will aid you in making your online messages as private as possible. Android version of this app will do wonders both when it comes to encrypting your messages and keeping all the information connected to them completely out of reach. Kibo is actually a keyboard app, which means you get an extended keyboard compatible with most popular social networks like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
This keyboard disguises and encrypts all your messages so that you don’t attract too much attention with the very fact that you’re deliberately encrypting your data. Aside from this main feature, you can also use Kibo’s great screen lock and password protector, if you actually want this kind of protection, of course.
Security apps for your social media abound, which in itself speaks volumes about the fact that more and more users are aware of the threats that endanger our online presence. It would be wise to think about your own level of security on social platforms and find suitable ways to improve it before anything bad happens.