The above-quoted file deleting error is a very common issue encountered by many of us during trying to remove some files or folders from Windows operating system. I was trying to delete the folder situated at desktop from my Windows 10 OS named "Downloads" but no matter I do it doesn't want to be deleted error says that folder no longer located on the desktop. I initially thought Windows 10 cannot delete folder and I need to repair or restore it. Some of you also faced this issue for your flash drive or USB when copying files. I then restarted the PC; I also tried with CMD to delete, but it didn't work. It keeps showing the message "This is no longer be located in... Verify the item’s location and try again..." and I was able to clearly see it in that folder.
It happens each time when you try any sort of operation like copying, moving, renaming, or deleting that file/folder. After troubleshooting windows with multiple solutions, I was able to delete the “unlocated” files. Anyways, in this tutorial, I'm going to teach you a quick but most powerful method by using which you can remove or permanently delete those "Undeletable" files/folders from your computer system. This method works in Windows XP/7/8/10 efficiently. If you too also getting the problem about delete folder access denied then follow this post, surely, one of the techniques below will work for you to permanently erase files from your PC.
How To Delete Undeletable FolderWe try many attempts like system re-start, shift-delete, delete from command, etc. However, below are the easiest techniques which will help you to resolve this issue. Fix Could Not Find This Item:
Method 1: Delete files after archiving1. Right click on the folder.
2. Select “Add to archive” option (Make sure that you have WinRAR installed on your machine).
3. Tick ‘Delete files after archiving’ check box displayed under ‘Archiving options’ section.
4. Leave all other settings as they are and click ‘OK’ button.
6. Now you may delete this *.rar file whenever needed.
7. That’s all
You may also like to read: Firefox Booster: SpeedyFox | Quickly Make Firefox Run Faster
Method 2: Using simple commands1. Open Command Prompt with Administrative privileges.
2. Enter below command (Note that the folder is situated at E:\Documents)
rd /s "\\?\(path of the folder)”
example: rd /s "\\?\E:\Documents\folder name"
3. It will prompt as "Are you sure (Y/N)?"
4. Enter ‘Y’ and hit enter.
5. That’s all
RECOMMENDED: How to Play HD Video on Slow Computer | Fix Video Lagging
Method 3: Advanced commands1. Open Command Prompt with Administrative privileges.
2. Navigate to the parent folder
e.g. E:\Document\(To be Delete folder)
3. Enter ‘dir /x’ command and hit enter.
4. Please note the letters mentioned to the left side of (To be Delete folder).
You will see some string like this >> TOBEDE~1
5. Now type below command and hit enter.
ren TOBEDE~1 YourNewName
6. Now type below command and hit enter.
7. That’s all