|Boost Photoshop Performance|
Optimize Photoshop Performance : 7 TricksThese tricks are not only improves the operational performance but also the user experience in handling the user's task only by configuring its preferences.
1. Allow High Memory UseYou need to ensure that Photoshop can use maximum amount of RAM available on your system.
2. Add Scratch DisksIt's nothing but Virtual Memory. If your disk have multiple drives then you can add those as scratch disks to allow PS for using your disk as memory for better performance.
3. Reduce History & Cache sizeAdjust following setting according to your use. History & cache size allows you to undo the changes for images. I use following for fast performance.
- History States to 100
- Cache levels to 10
- Cache tiles size to 1028K
4. Adjust Painting CursorsUse normal brush tip which uses less processing time.
5. Remove pre-loading of fontsWhenever PS opens, all fonts installed in the system also pre-loaded into RAM, which need not that much necessary if font is not used mostly while manipulation of images.
6. Uncheck Export ClipboardIf you are not using any copied data other than in Photoshop, then its best to uncheck this option. It causes more data leakage when you copied data and not willing to paste elsewhere.
7. Restrict file saving optionsIn order to reduce the RAM & CPU+GPU usage, its essential to cancel the caching of image previews. And check the box "Save as to original folder"
You need to keep updated your graphics driver for optimized GPU operation.
Dragging is better:
High memory usage is occurred while Coping & pasting, so instead of that, use dragging of images.
Close all other applications:
Make sure to close all other applications if you are not using while you are on PS, this surely freed up additional memory to boost Photoshop operation.
Get Latest Updated Post Directly Delivered to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!