Candidates used to search for which is better business or job? Is it better to get a job or start a business? Some people have the potential to do business but some people are good at their job. People always try to do their work according to their comfort zone, obviously, job oriented people think that doing a job is much secure and very comfortable for them but what is it like to run your own business?
Most of all the successful business owner and entrepreneur is like to tell that working 80 hours of every week is required to build your own market & business is much better than working 40 hours for somebody else and it is absolutely true. But doing job and doing business is all depend upon person to person and their profession.
People have a different mindset according to job and business. In our society, it just a stupid concept where some people are selling you like, the only business person will get rich and successful than other people who work 9 to 5 for others. So, do you think the Sundar Pichai CEO of Google, is not rich? Do you think Satya Nadella who's CEO of Microsoft is not rich? It doesn’t matter, in fact, these people are just celebrating their entrepreneurship at their moment because everyone thinks it is a very cool and professional path in the system. These are the best and well-known examples for every employer who works for others. But on the other hand, if Mark Zuckerberg had thought like 'I don't want to own a business' at that time, then Facebook would never have been born.
Comes to the point; starting own business vs job which is best? We are living on the edge of technology, where you can start any kind of business. The decision between self-employed vs employed will decide, where you look at yourself in the next 5 years of your life. And this is why I am here to tell you the top 10 tips according to job vs business and I am sure it will eliminate your confusion between these two things. I hope you will love this post and helps you to achieve your dream in your life.
Own Business Vs Job: Which Is Best?Check the following ten points help to choose between a business and a job:
1. Start and finish tasks independently.On the internet, you will get a bunch of motivational messages referring to business vs employment quotes.
In any job particularly your boss or your manager give you a task and tells you to complete it in a certain time period. While doing your task you can’t do anything in your own way and your style. In your job frequently you require to assist your manager and your boss to complete your work perfectly at the time.
If you search for how to start a business with no money? You will get a huge result on the Google search pages. Every business owner has apprehended everything about their work and how to complete their task in a certain time period. They are willing to take a business risk and able to take full responsibility to be completed their work in their time schedule. Also, you can start any task and can finish it independently on your own. This is the better advantage of business over a job. You are your own boss in your business and free to work in your own time zone.
But note that, doing business is nothing but a 24-hour job.
2. Short and long-term goals.As an employee, if you want to do business, you can work part-time and owning a business. In the job, any employee can set his goals & achievements according to his work. And it is like promotions, salary, to become manager, CEO and anything you desire in your job. But eventually, you are working to accomplish someone else purposes.
In the business, owners have a proper plan according to their business and they set a goal. The business owner takes a look at their business plans, marketing and they use some strategy to be successful in business according to in next five to ten years.
In both of the cases, job and business, you have to set a goal, proper plan, and innovating vision for your company and to be successful in your field.
Job is like getting wages for fulfilling other's expectations and business is like getting revenue for achieving your own purposes and succeeding life goals.
3. Income.Every employee who always works for his company for his fixed salary and according to the employment contract; it has been agreed by both the parties when he joined the company. The employee has a stable income and they will get their money every month. In the job, your growth is all depend upon your performances. If you want promotion and to reach the next position in the company you have to perform well as compare to another employee. Still, you can see it will never go beyond the limit.
Any business person and every boss who running their business, earn more money than a common employee. As the business grows, their income level will increase with it. A businessman will own a large part of the profit in the shares. By using business strategy and they can earn much ever they want but it depends on how well their product and their performances in the market.
In a job even if you work for irregular shift times you will get a small amount of money as a salary but in business, you are the whole and sole giving wages to your workers.
4. Comfort zone.Many people want to do work in their comfort zone. Doing a job is a secure and comfortable place for the employee all the time. But it is not as simple as you think, your comfort zone all depends on how you manage things and pressurize situations at your work.
If you work for any company as a CEO level or as a team leader, at that time you have to face many problems according to your task. Everyone has a risk in their profession, that doesn’t mean you’re only there for working in your comfort zone. But if you can see in the job there is less risk and the employer can deal with it efficiently.
Most people think like 'sick of running my business' only after just a few days of starting a business. Why people get nervous to do their business? Everyone needs to consider that the business risk is the inseparable part of any business. Without taking a risk and getting out of your comfort zone, you can’t able to do your business properly. The higher risk you handle, the higher success you will achieve in your business. So, in both of cases, job and business, fear is the thing you need to handle all the time. Whatever you are doing, learn to deal with insecurities at your work.
The job environment seems more comfortable as compared to the business. But intellectually at the job, you are working under your boss and in case of business, you are a boss.
5. Independency.Should I run my own business? This is a common question where many people and students try to get the answer. If you have the potential and skill you can run any business. Let’s get to know about as an employee and it’d dependency.
As an employee people can’t enjoy complete independence in their profession and their work. There is a boss above them, who manage all your activities. In the job, it is compulsory to follow all the instructions of your boss. Also, your lifestyle all depends on the salary you get at the end of every month. Many people are satisfied with it but not everyone.
As a business person and entrepreneur, you are the one who decides your own destiny and tries to make it into reality. You have all independency in your business. There is no one above you to give orders. You’re free to make decisions in both personal and professional life. Any businessman can perform work from anywhere by his own time and can execute any task according to his business.
6. Stress.Stress is a part of our life which always stays with you every day. As an employee, it doesn’t mean you won’t face any stress in your daily professional life. Your manager, your co-workers, and your boss, and everyone can stress you out. Both mental and physical stress is part of it. and it depends upon person to person & work profession.
In the case of an entrepreneur, he also lives in a stressful life. In fact, a businessman face lot of conflict and problems in their business. If you see the most successful business people you will get some idea, who have face problems and who have a much stressful life. The businessman has workers and he has to take care of them. Continuing the business to make money is the thing he always required to do for his employees.
At the job, as an employee, you can leave your job and find the new one but as a businessman, you cannot leave your own company. The company lies in the blood.
7. Uncertainty.In any kind of business, if you see there is an environment that is unpredictable all the time. As an employee, you don't require to handle and deal with too much uncertainty in your everyday work-life. Most of the work will be repeated tasks but yeah, it depends on what kind of profession you have.
For a business person it almost impossible to predict the exact route and future track of the success of their business. And that brings in a lot of uncertainty. But still, there are many people who're ready to plan for their business for the next 5-to-10 years. Entrepreneurship is a lot about uncertainty than an employee.
If you ask me I would like to suggest; if you can’t get a job start a business. Because in the market when you try to get a job, you will find there is much uncertainty in almost every field. So, it’s better to work for your own company with uncertainty. Trust me, it’s a much better choice than be an employee.
8. Flexibility.An employee works for others and they pay him as per his work; that means he has less flexibility in his work.
The employee will have fixed working hours and he gets fixed numbers of holidays in the whole business year. Most of the employees because of lack of flexibility, if they want to take a day off or holidays, they have to rearrange their work schedule as per their manager and always have to get permission from their directors and their boss.
As an entrepreneur, you will enjoy a greater level of flexibility in terms of working hours and for other personal activities as well. Any business person can set his schedule as per their time. It may corporately job vs small business everywhere there is flexibility is available it can be more and less.
9. Investment.In the job, you don’t worry about capital and investment for completing your assignment while performing any task. Of course, an employee needs to invest their time and energy for a company and they get paid you regularly for that.
How to start a business from scratch? Capital, Money, Manpower, and several things are there to start a business including a unique idea. With an empty pocket, it makes no sense to jump into the market and start a business. However, you don’t need to demand huge capital as well. Many people and entrepreneur who borrow money and start their business.
Business is nothing but a brand, and the brand is nothing but maintaining a reputation. Besides, after expanded, they don’t want to disgrace his association with any of the clients. A bad reputation means your business profits go down. So, as an employee, it is always a safe role to play for and they don’t have to worry at all.
10. Retirement.When you try to find what should I do a job or business; you have to think about the long term process. Whatever you prefer to do, before that you have to know what is the condition after retirement for between job vs business.
There are different kinds of jobs, like work from home jobs, corporate job vs small business, including several other factors are there but the thing is when you will get retirement from your work is the reason why people stay in their jobs.
Job is the concept where you cannot take early retirement evenly from your work. If you work for a company, you have to follow the rules and regulations of the company according to get better retirement choices.
But as an entrepreneur, what you created is always be yours. You are your own boss in your company no one will oversee you. You can take early retirement from your business in case of if already performed well financially. You’ve secured a future for yourself and your family.
Bottom LineEntrepreneurship and business can provide you a bunch of opportunities to grow beyond limits but it comes with a lot of risks. Where jobs are more stable, but it seems like getting stuck in a successful life path.
Anyone can do their business with a job in India. The choice all depends upon you to choose between these two-thing finding job vs business. You always make your own destiny whether it may job or business.
Make sure that you invest your time and energy thoughtfully before making your life-changing decisions. I hope above all the analysis and tips will help to make your best choice.