People used to find answers on adb tools by searching about; How do I get ADB to recognize my device? How do I connect to ADB devices? How do I find ADB devices on Windows? How do I update ADB drivers? How do you check if ADB is installed or not? How do I uninstall ADB drivers? How do I enable ADB? What is the best APK download site? How do I restart ADB? And so on...
Fixing “error: device not found” when you try to use ADB is not a big issue. Moreover, you can also solve "ADB: error: failed to get feature set: no devices/emulators found error" easily. This guide is published as because one of the readers was asking about 'ADB devices not showing my device windows 10' when installing the Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework on PC. Even you have updated adb driver, many users encounter this when they try to do the adb commands like
ADB shellin CMD and it shows device not found error.
You don't require any technical knowledge in USB debugging windows 10 process this adb toolkit is really easy to try and optimize your Android device. This guild not only helps you to fix no connected devices android studio but also for the android adb install procedure to solve "adb devices empty" kind of issues.
ADB Device Not Found Error is one of the driver issues. And such an issue is most likely due to a problem with your ADM Device driver itself. Due to this issue, even though you have done everything right, you are not being able to connect to your smartphones. Check out below the causes due to which this issue occurs.
Why “error: device not found” occur?Causes due to which this ADB device is not found issue occurs:
- USB Debugging Disabled: It could be the case that, USB debugging option is not Enabled yet on your Android smartphone.
- Incorrect Connection Mode: You might have choosen incorrect connection mode for type of transfer you wanted.
- Driver not updated: As discussed above, the issue is most likely because of the problem with your ADM Device driver itself. Thus you have to keep your driver up-to-date.
ADB Device Not Found Error | Solution GuideJust follow below steps to solve this ADB "error: device not found" error quickly:
Step 1: Check connection mode.Android operating system comes with difference connection modes like Mobile Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). But for ADB, we have to make use of Mobile Device (MTP).
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Swipe down to access Notification center/panel.
- Tap on USB Debugging connected option.
- Select Mobile Device (MTP) option.
- That's all, check if your problem gets solved by following this step.
If NOT, please proceed further to next solutions.
Note: You may try the same by selecting Camera (PTP) option, many of my viewers solved their problem by using PTP as well.
You may also like to know; [Fix] Make Computer Run 10x Faster By Using Virtual Memory
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging through Developer Option.USB Debugging is a developer option and it helps your Android device to communicate with your computer which has Android SDK installed. It further opens up advanced operations as a developer.
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Navigate to About device option.
- Tap 7 times on Build Number option.
- This will then enable Developer Options.
- Now access Developer Options and tap on USB Debugging option.
- Try reconnecting your mobile device and check if this could solve your problem.
If this step too does not solve your problem, please proceed further to the next solutions.
Step 3: Update ADB Driver on your computer.Since ADB Device Not Found Error is one of the driver issues, you have to keep your driver up-to-date. And for this, follow below steps:
- Right click on start button and click Device Manager option.
- Expand Other devices option.
- Right click on ADB Interface or Androie Phone option.
- Click on Update Driver Software option.
- When prompted, select 'Browse my computer for driver software' option.
- Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Select Show all devices option and hit Next button.
- Choose Have Disk option.
- Browse and locate your SDK. Usually it kept at below location:
- Double click on android_winusb.inf file.
- Now choose ADB Interface from the list and hit Next button.
- Allow the installation to be finished.
- Now, try reconnecting your mobile and check if this solves your problem.
Still no luck? Please proceed further to next solutions.
Check; What’s QoS? How To Boost & Increase The Internet Speed by QoS | Make Router Faster
Step 4: Install Universal ADB Windows Driver.If none of the above solutions work for you, you have to install Universal ADB Windows Driver on your computer. Just open their official website and download and install it. This installation might be the solution for you. Just try it and check. Otherwise, proceed further to the next solutions.
Download link: Universal ADB Windows Driver Installer.
Step 5: Restart ADB Process.It could be the case that, you have already implemented the above steps like, USB Debugging enabled, drivers are up-to-date, the universal driver is in place, etc. But do you still facing this issue?
If Yes, you will have to restart entire ADB process and for this you have to use below commands; one for to Kill the process first followed by another command to Start it back again.
Just Open command prompt and run below commands:
You may also like to know; How To Disable Skype Ads
Step 6: Try with different cable.Sometimes, there could be the problem with your USB cable itself. As you all know, all USB cables are going through endless flexing and curling states. Due to this, your USB cable might get damaged. You also try to purchase dummy cable from the market just to keep our original cable safe and we keep using that cable for charging and for data transfer as well.
I know it sounds silly and you obviously did this already, but I still would like to recommend you to try connecting your phone with another but authentic USB cable rather than dummy cables and check that if it solves your problem.
Bottom LineI’m sure by following any one of the methods from listed ones will help you resolve this ADB Device Not Found Error.
If you are facing this error or something you want to suggest apart from the above points, feel free to use below comment section below to get in touch with me anytime. Happy to hear from you and to implement the suggestions for helping others.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!