Web developers and bloggers too used to search for; what is the most SEO friendly WordPress theme? Free VS Premium WordPress Themes which is better? Are WordPress Themes SEO friendly? Does WordPress Theme affect SEO? And so on...
In this article, you will find out a bunch of working tips on how to increase the visibility in terms of search engines and occupy higher positions in the search results.
5 Criteria to Look for when Choosing SEO-Friendly ThemeWhen it comes to creating a website, you have several options:
- higher a team of coders and designers.
- use a website builder.
- use a website template.
Most of them have drag-and-drop nature and user-friendly design. It allows creating a website and customizing it to different tastes and purposes easily.
Here is a comparison table of the most popular website builders.
Source: https://websitesetup.org/website-builders/ As you see, there are plenty of options that meet different needs and opportunities. Unfortunately, not every website builder provides 99.99% uptime, which is a norm for smooth website’s performance.
Speaking of the website templates, I can not fail to mention that this option is super convenient for those, who do not know at website building. Plus, templates have a lot to offer to experienced web developers. Anyway, if you are a beginner, you will benefit from:
- a wide choice
- a multipurpose functionality (there is a great number of multipurpose templates for many occasions)
- drag-and-drop nature (most of the templates work by the drag-and-drop principle. That is handy indeed because you don’t need to dive into the code.)
- a great number of design options and opportunity to modify a website to your taste easily
- reasonable pricing (yes, most of the templates are available at affordable prices).
For instance, this minimalist elegant lawyer agency template has 5 carefully crafted pages that you can modify with Elementor page builder in a matter of clicks. Powerful Jet plugins go by default and empower the functionality of the template! With such products, creating a website is way easier.
Still, as I already mentioned, uploading content to a website is not enough to make it meet the strict requirements of the search engines. Here are 5 main criteria to watch for when choosing a theme for a website.
Speaking of the WordPress responsive themes, by the way, the question of being SEO-friendly is extremely acute. The higher the competition is, the biggest effort the owners should make to stand out and take the leadership positions.
How To Choose SEO-friendly Theme for Your Website Or BlogSo, let’s see how to facilitate the search engine optimization process by choosing the right theme!
1. Mobile-First Design.Letting alone the fact that smartphones are easy to reach, the statistic itself proves that people are gradually switching to smartphones when it comes to a search. According to this resource, up to 70% of web traffic refers to a mobile.
Another fact to consider is the recent Google’s update according to which it prioritizes mobile-friendly websites. Since the changes have started being implemented in April 2015, non-mobile-friendly websites experienced up to 50% reduction in traffic, according to the Blue Corona study.
Therefore, when it comes to choosing a theme, make sure it is adjusted to the mobile. It contributes both to the search engine optimization and to the comfort of your audience.
2. Cross-Browser Compatibility and Responsive Features.Another thing that contributes to the comfort of different clients is cross-browser compatibility. Yes, Google Chrome is popular all over the globe but it’s not the only option. Your target audience can use also Firefox, Safari, Opera, Explorer, and other alternatives. So, it is crucial to make your website ready for each of them. Cross-browser compatibility is a way.
You don’t need to do anything. Just ensure that the theme developer included this feature.
Creating a responsive website is also a good idea. When a visitor decides to resize the page, (s)he expects all elements to adjust to the new size and, in the result, get an appealing picture.
Google has already mentioned that responsive websites have better chances to be ranked higher. In this article, you can familiarize with the findings of the research in detail.
For instance, this multipurpose template that is suitable for 20+ niches is both responsive and cross-browser compatible. By default, it is ready to use for a mobile-friendly website and is Retina ready. Besides these SEO-friendly features, it has plenty of perks that contribute to a unique and efficient design!
In order to check the responsive feature of the theme, you can use one of these services:
- Google Webmaster Tools
3. Proper Coding.It goes without saying that a core thing about every theme is coding (even if you will never deal with it). Coding defines the work of the theme.
Furthermore, and I bet you won’t be surprised, it has a particular impact on the ranking. Yes, Google takes into account the code of the website. Therefore, check out HTML and CSS validity. For this purpose, you have plenty of options such as:
As you see, sometimes we all need help “from outside”. Indeed, there are specialists, who are more competent and experienced. It’s important to know whose knowledge you can trust and whom you can rely on.
For instance, there is a full-fledged solution for a financial company website; Finance – Business Elementor Template. Besides the fact that it has a super simple and clean design, which, actually works good for a sphere of finances, it has plenty of other advantages. For instance, a user will benefit from:
- drag-and-drop nature of Elementor page builder
- Jet plugins
- a great number of unique editable pages
- 500+ modules
- a wide choice of blog layouts
- eCommerce functionality
- a rich collection of headers and footers
- free images.
4. Social Media Integration.Integrating a developed social media account on your website or blog is also important. Firstly, it is an extra source of potential customers/readers. Secondly, it is a good way to promote your blog.
I don’t know if I have to mention the fact that Google takes into account the channels people come to the website, the time they spend there, the fact whether they stay there or not, etc. Therefore, if you have a devoted audience, you can engage it in reading your blog or waking up their interest to your store. Whatever.
So, make sure that the theme includes either a special extension with buttons or any other option that allows social media integration. It is usually written in the description of the theme features.
For instance, this Elementor WordPress theme for a restaurant Mia Italonni has social options. In theme details this information is stated like this:
5. Implement Schema Markup.Schema is a semantic data markup dictionary maintained by all major search engines. Its goal is to help search engines “see” and “analyze” the content of the page and, thereby, improve the positions in the results.
The idea of this technology lies in the fact that the probability that the user will click the good-looking link with attractive content is higher. In fact, it is higher indeed. When I see a well-organized page, there is a bigger chance that I will keep on reading it.
Therefore, familiarize with this issue and make sure that your website maintains this technology.
The ConclusionSo, you familiarized with the 5 key principles of the SEO-friendly theme. Now, I can assume that it will be way easier to navigate through the website with tons of themes and templates for a website.
Make sure that the theme includes at least these 5 features and stay tuned to find out about more things to pay attention when choosing the theme for a website!
Most of the readers don’t share as they feels that we as bloggers don’t require their tiny social share. But here’s the fact…
I've developed this blog piece by piece, your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support if you share this page on your social profile.
My dear reader! it won’t take more than 5 sec. of your time. The share buttons are there, please share and subscribe.
⚠ DisclaimerWe are one of the type of a professional review site that operate like any other website on the internet. We respect & trust our readers. And we are confident & would like to mention that the above post contains some affiliate/referral links. And if you make a purchase; we receive commission from the links/apps/products we refer. We are totally unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews claiming to be something they are not. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Get The Latest Post Delivered Free to Your Inbox
Join over 2000+ people who get FREE and fresh content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, You are Safe! No Spam!