Why the Firefox get more popularity?
+ More than 150,000,000 addons are available, and also they are in use for making user job more simple.
+ Up to 50,000 userscripts for enhancing the user interface with the site.
+ Much faster.
+ More compatibility phase with most sites.
+ Better stability.
+ One of the major hidden advantages is that; the Firefox Settings can be easily backup in order to move it elsewhere.
Even so, they are quite time consuming.
I suggest you this method for backup the Firefox.
+ No need of any software. It's a manual backup process.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Go to Window-drive (mostly C: drive where the windows are installed).
3. Then go to: \Documents and Settings\USER_ACCOUNT_NAME\Application Data.(If you don't know USER_ACCOUNT_NAME go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.)
4. And now copy the Mozilla named folder to other drive or somewhere else for safety. (Say E:\Mozilla)
5. You have taken the backup of the Firefox. And keep it in safe position.
1. When you re-install the Firefox again or if you want to keep same Settings in your office or at different location, you have to just copy the Backup-folder (E:\Mozilla) and paste it to the same directory (windows-drive:\Documents and Settings\USER_ACCOUNT_NAME\Application Data\)
2. It may prompt to replace the file, just say ‘Yes’ or ‘Yes to all’. (But it’s better to shift+delete the old/existing installed Mozilla folder and paste the Backup-folder)
3. That’s it, now all your data remains as it is, without using any external software.