Learning from 'Elon Musk' —
You all might be known and heard lots of things from the last few years about Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City, PayPal, and several companies that Elon Musk is making a significant impact on our lives and going to change the world for better future.
The 'Elon Reeve Musk' was born on 28 June 1971, in a small town in South Africa. Elon Musk founded the 'SpaceX' company in May 2002, whereas he is co-founder and CEO at 'Tesla'. He is a founder of 'The Boring Company', & 'X.com' (now PayPal) and co-founder of Zip2, OpenAI. He is also a chairman of the 'SolarCity' organization too.
Some people may have been surprised about how can Elon Musk run all the companies? How he handle competition in business? And how he expertly control conflict management? Since childhood, Elon Musk always focusing on the solutions of the problems according to his point of view, then he believes on. It doesn't matter if you create any problem in your work, always think about how can you find the solutions to the issues and their further possibilities.
16 Things To Learn From Elon MuskHere are the top 16 things that we must learn from Elon Musk & his work ethics:
1. Communication skills.As the CEO of several companies like Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, Neuralink, Solar City, and so on, Elon Musk always active on emails, Twitter account, and other social networking sites. He frequently posts messages and quick emails to company employees with new updates. It is essential to have excellent communication not only to control the social media around you but also those who are working with you in your work.
All the things are possible when you are good at communication skills.
You can see on social media; there are different types of shows and conferences have attended by Elon Musk. We should learn many things like how he communicates especially in the interviews and other tech conversations with geek peoples. We must observe his wordings and his body language in front of all the media. Elon Musk has a great personality and has an influential aura around him.
2. Improve your productivity.There are still so many individuals trying to live two different lives, one personal and one professional. The greatest thing about Elon Musk is that he works very specifically for his professional life and personal life too. How he can manage all the elements for better work-life balance and maintain harmony between work and personal life, is what we need to learn from Musk.
As he believes that his work is very important for the future of organized human life, Elon Musk has taken productivity to the maximum level and puts a lot of effort into running three engaging companies like Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest. People work better when they are improving their productivity. We all might know about how to improve the quality of work.
We should learn how Elon Musk develops his hyper-productivity and work consistently with the full of energy. Elon Musk sets working hours between 80-100 hours per week, usually working the full 7x365 days. He has also created an intense process of separate group tasks and is scheduled to be as productive as possible.
3. Always keep Barrier free-thinking.Learn how brilliant minds like Elon Musk use the first principles of barrier free-thinking to fix challenging issues. The "first principle" thinking is actually the practice of actively questioning; that is always believing that the future will be much better than the past. This barrier of negativity has been placed upon the head of all the people, Right! And this is one of the biggest problems of our society.
We should have to remove that barrier of negativity from our head, then only you can think precisely or broader.
To drive innovation, Elon musk always keeps a good framework for free thinking. From his childhood, his ideological level has been reached at a certain point. This is why his name comes up in the list of prominent entrepreneurs.
4. Always be Futuristic.Being a futuristic minded is very important in any job, business, or your particular profession. You always have to think about the future and being foresighted linked to your goals. Elon always creates plans for his company about the next 10 to 15 years and performs according to his purpose. Elon Musk's vision for the future is very clear. Elon Musk is constantly discovering new ideas to revolutionize our lives.
Elon Musk already sets a innovative concept for our future cities: Elon Musk is a passionate man with a strong vision for the better world. Futuristic is what you have to set the goal and create a proper plan by seeing the next few years in front of you. You always have to think about the future too, analyze that the work you are doing today, how it will benefit society and the people.
5. Frequently questioning yourself.There must be some reason behind what you are doing. Elon Musk is consistently questioning himself to get better things and his decisions related to life and for the betterment of society.
At World Government Summit, Elon asks each contestant in interviews the same question “Tell me about the most difficult problems you worked on and how you fixed them.”
Elon Musk says, “I think its essential to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better."I think that's the single best piece of advice, constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.
6. Always be Persistence.Elon Musk always tries to convey from his past experiences that perseverance is a valuable thing in your work. He says that “Persistence is essential. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
Persistence is the key to your success. Elon Musk uses such a key in changing the world that he wants, and he became the success of his favor.
Despite all bankruptcies and broken rockets Elon Musk's motivation, determination, and risk takings are the reason why he is still working towards his goals.
7. Focus on problem-solving.Elon Musk has been effective in developing three innovative, multibillion-dollar companies in completely different fields. In his company, if anyone says “Sir! This could not be done”, then it was his last day in the company, Elon Musk always replies to his employee that “It will going to happen, surely! we are going to make this happen, think about how can we solve this problem.”
Elon Musk always trying to focus on problem-solving. He understands the critical process better than any engineers, and he is smart enough to determine the best organic solution to success reasonably better than anyone.
Because the problem is not a big deal, but looking for the solution to that problem is the biggest problem ever. So, you should have to focus on the resolution of the issues and change the way of your work ethics.
8. Be a risk-taker.Elon Musk's career represents that he is nothing other than a risk-taker and so he is considered to be the most powerful person on earth. His net worth is $2,010 crores in 2019, how can he make this happen?
Risk-taking is an necessary part of business innovation. Sometimes you have to take risks to achieve your goals. Elon Musk definitely likes risk. SpaceX had failed while launching the rockets three times in a row and he almost had gone bankrupt nevertheless after that Elon wanted to try one more attempt and he made a crazy announcement and taking a considerable risk of launching his fourth rocket, even if there is no enough money. So, he had brought money from PayPal, some funding agencies and made the fourth rocket. Not only he succeeds in launching his fourth rocket on the orbit, but also, he got a contract from the NASA of 1.5 billion dollars.
His risk taking hunger is very much large. Elon Musk thinks that failure is a choice here. He accepts failure as an option, and it is a sign that he is always ready to take risks and try new things.
9. Work super hard.Elon Musk mentioned this advice in his USC commencement speech he continually working super hard for changing the world. Elon says that “There is a way easier place to work, but nobody ever changes the world on 40 hours a week.”
Elon musk is the hardest working entrepreneur upon the earth, who is continuously trying to focus on changing the world. He plays a significant role in revolutionary change.
10. Always keep unreasonable and uncompromisable expectations form yourself.No one is successful by underestimating themselves. Elon Musk always keeps unreasonable and uncompromisable expectations by himself. If you want the best result in your work, then it is essential to have to make the best version of yourself. Keep extraordinary expectations from yourself that no one can keep it like Elon set his goals.
Elon says, “I don't expect to do the thing what is possible, I want to do the things which needed to be done, whether it is the betterment of the society's life or changing the world.”
11. Don't get distracted.There are lots of things around us, which distract you. Whether there might be society, people and something terrible incident happened which distracting you again and again. There only one second is enough to move your concentration or to focus power on your work. So, don't get distracted, always stay focused on what you are doing and innovating, also seek positive criticism.
Elon musk had faced a lot of problems in his life also he gets suffered from a lot of difficulties, whether there are family issues or business-related issues and so on, but he not get distracted at all, he always been a focus on his business and their target. We should learn this most valuable lesson from Elon Musk.
12. Powerful vision.Elon musk set his compelling vision by seeing the next upcoming years and communicate it with their entire team to reach them.
We could see that Elon made high class, qualitative, and technological products that are, the solar city which works on sustainable energy creation, tesla motors which works on sustainable energy consumption, he made driverless cars and many other things that very much useful to the people.
Through the SpaceX, Elon made a compelling vision statement is that “We're going to land people on Mars by 2025.” Having this statement, we should learn the simple thing is that, how Elon obvious with his vision, there is a cleared and purposeful goal, by completion date.
13. Read to lead.Schooling and college education may end, but self-education never going to end up. If you have a learning attitude, then you can do anything in this world. Elon had a habit of reading multiple books from his childhood. Consequently, he started studying 'rocket science' and at that time he found SpaceX company by doing self-study without getting any formal education of that.
Reading books is very much crucial to developing yourself, that's you can lead your entire team properly, and you will create obsession and being a high version of yourself.
14. Take the right decision at the right time.A fundamental lesson is here that you have to make the right decisions at the right time. Elon never gets afraid about his decision making and never compromises his vision.
You have to choose your essential decisions at the right time. Right time in the sense, the choice you are taking whether it might relate to your business or something future planning, you have to prove that decision and make sure the result will be in favor of you.
15. Plan for 100 hours of work-week.If you want to achieve an unexpected result, then you have to work like super hard. Let's plan for it and do your 100% in your work. Elon says, “Work like hell. I mean you have to put in 80 to 100-hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour work weeks and you're putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you're doing the same thing that you will achieve in 4 months what it takes them a year to achieve.”
16. Plan for your dream.You have to create your backup plan for your dream. Because without any planning, there is no meaning of your dream, whether it is big or small. If you genuinely want to achieve your dream, you have to create a not only plan but also you should make all efforts related to your goal.
Elon says, “If something is important enough, you should try that thing even if the probable outcome is a failure.” It helps to get some ideas about planning-related your goals to achieve them. Whatever it may be essential or not, but in the end, if you win, it's appreciated! But if you fail, at least you will learn something about that.