Not only video blogging, but Camtasia is also good for screencasting and even for recording yourself from desktop/laptop using Windows or Mac OS. If you see, the Camtasia Studio is not a free screen recording software, but you can download it free & use it for 30 days only. It sounds best for professional users but the newbie online publishers & beginners cannot make that much investment for their initial career stages. So, they try to find alternatives for Camtasia.
There is a lot of popular screen capture recording software listed on the internet, with the similarly high-quality recording features available for both Mac and Windows.
Like you, many users always try to find unique features in video recording software's for recording and editing their captured videos. Due to some reasons, people prefer to use alternatives of Camtasia. Here I am providing you top ten alternatives of Camtasia, which are much beneficial for you to record any video from your computer screen. Some of the free Camtasia Studio alternatives allow you to create the powerful screen recorded videos since these are the best screen recorder that you can use for making video guides for your YouTube channel on Windows & Mac systems.
Wondering what're the top and best free Camtasia Studio Alternatives? Then you must check the following list which contains the only selected Camtasia Alternatives works as screen recorder and video editing tools to capture, record videos not only for video blogging, creating instructional videos or teaching content but also for creating online training, eLearning, etc. Including all, we've also listed the pros and cons of Camtasia Alternatives, let's find out more about amazing video recording tool for gaming YouTubers as well as video bloggers (vloggers).
Top 10 Best Camtasia Alternatives with Pros & Cons (Updated)
1. Bandicam.Bandicam is the most advanced screen recording program and you can easily record and capture any higher resolution videos in your laptop or PC. It is very simple to use and filled with lots of impressive features. This is best for recording any gameplay and 4k video that it captures rate up to 120 frames per second. This is one of the best alternatives you can choose for screen recording. Bandicam uses a high compression ratio without sacrificing video quality. You can use this software for making quality videos on YouTube as a tutorial.
Bandicam allows you to screen recording, game recording, and device recording. You can record anything on your screen and save it as screencast video files (MP4, AVI) or image files. Bandicam makes it possible to record 2D/3D games also it records in 4K, UHD resolution, and capture up to 480 FPS Video. Not only screen and game but also it allows you to record external video devices such as a webcam, Xbox, PlayStation, smartphone, IPTV, etc. Now you may get an idea it is much better alternative software than Camtasia.
- You will get three type of modes in this software.
- Able to record over 24 hours without stopping.
- Customize external video devices.
- Different screen recording options.
- Lightweight, simple to use.
- Not include variety editing tools there.
- Windows only.
2. Ezvid.Ezvid is the best alternative to Camtasia. It is the best capturing tool for games and tutorial videos as well. There is an unlimited video editing package that worth trying. However, in the past two years, Ezvid released its new version and this is something different from the previous version. By Ezvid you can record quick and higher resolution video, also you can add text, image slides while recording a video.
Ezvid software is the world's single best solution for making videos to entertain, inform, and enchant to your viewers. You can record anything with this program it may Web pages, games, applications, paint programs, maps, and the list goes on and on. After editing you can save it or can upload directly on YouTube, the choice is yours.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Add your own watermark in video.
- Smoothly screen capture.
- Instant slideshow maker.
- Record game in window mode.
- 45 minutes of recording limitation.
- Not support hide recording widget.
3. FFSplit.FFSplit is also the best alternative software for Camtasia. You never have to pay for using it. FFSplit allows you to capture and record your desktop screen in a high-quality video format. In this software, you will get plenty of features. It is much beneficial for beginner users.
This software is highly optimized ever and gives you the best performance. FFSplit is well-designed software that you can easily record any video and can able to use its features. You can create more professional and unique content as fast as possible.
- It allows streaming to multiple services at the same time.
- It can be download free of cost.
- Light resource usage.
- Clean interface.
- Simultaneous broadcast.
- No built-in game source capture.
- FFSplit runs only on Windows.
4. Monosnap.Monosnap program is more than just a screenshot and video recording. It is a free utility that allows you to capture images or video from your screen, edit them, and share on a variety of platforms. Monosnap is very simple to use.
You can use hotkeys and many features while recording a video. Monosnap provides a simple web interface & upload option there. It can also record simultaneously from your computer's camera, so viewers able to see both your screen and your face as well.
- Adjust settings for higher and lower quality recording.
- Nice interface.
- Short link generation.
- Highlight details while recording a video.
- Capture full screen or just selected window.
- No video editing functionality
- Some storage options not available in the free version.
5. Filmora.Filmora is another best alternative to Camtasia software. It is quite similar to Camtasia. When you need more features then you have to choose Filmora to record your videos. The infrastructure and its feature are just impressive. Also, it captures your screen very smoothly whether you are capturing any high graphical game or any 4k video. This tool offers you powerful editing features and more than that.
It is perfect for recording fast and higher graphical games. You can record your screen and webcam simultaneously. By using their professional features and tools, you can easily edit your clips quickly with a wide range. Understand that the modern and intuitive design will help you finish projects faster.
- 4K Video and GIF output options.
- Excellent list of effects.
- Quick video making.
- Can added transition effects.
- Can cut videos.
- Only 2 Video Tracks.
6. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software).OBS is high performance to capturing and mixing the video content on your screen. This software made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, and more. There are versions of OBS Studio available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions.
The main user interface is organized into five sections that are scenes, sources, audio mixers, transitions, and controls. OBS is basically, used to capture and record your screen while also capturing audio. From the past few years, continuous open broadcaster software regularly includes important updates to improve user experience.
- Free of cost.
- It helps to promote shorter videos.
- Quick and very easy to the recording.
- Easier to run it for older computers.
- Supportabke for Windows and Mac OS.
- Doesn't have as many features like Camtasia
- 5 min of limit only, it could be a disadvantage if you need a longer video.
7. ScreenFlow.ScreenFlow is very polished and one of the best alternative of Camtasia software. It records your screen about anything and it gives you a huge amount of editing options. You can find there is the best interface for recording videos, it is much more straightforward and simple to use. The surprising thing is that because ScreenFlow is very lightweight it consuming less power relatively your CPU and RAM resources.
You can save the recorded video to your Windows PC in all popular video formats. Your captured and edited video can be run smoothly in any smartphone tablet and any media player can support this.
- It can be uploaded directly on YouTube.
- It can export the video fast and at high quality.
- You can highlight the cursor and dim the background.
- Pricing is reasonable and updates are even more reasonable.
- It is a user-friendly and minimalist style interface.
- Limited on-screen text options and difficult transitions.
- You have to use specific keys to stop recording.
8. Webinaria.For all the users, who are on a search for free screen recording and alternative of Camtasia, Webinaria is one of the good options for them. Webinaria is an easy to use screen recording and screen-casting tool ever. It allows you to record in AVI and FLV formats. The integrated editor allows you to annotate your screen-cast before publishing it as a flash video.
The main plus point of this tool is that it is open-source software. You will get it free on the internet, let click on the following link to download and for more information.
- Screen share.
- Seamless streaming.
- You can make online demos and presentations.
- Useful for e-learning purposes.
- Supports both audio and video content.
- Supports only limited video formats for uploading content.
- No watermark.
9. Screencast-O-Matic.Screencast-O-Matic is also included in the list of free Camtasia alternatives. With this free and easy to use screen recorder, you can capture any area of your screen. Add audio narration or video from your webcam. Also, you can record lectures, tutorials, demos, games, and many more.
This program mostly appropriates for shorter videos and it comes with good features. It is compatible for Windows as well as Mac operating system.
- Can upload directly on YouTube and save them as video files.
- Allow you to both screen recording.
- Easily recorded for eLearning lessons.
- It provides you good editing tools.
- The free version includes a watermark.
- No video editing functionality.
- Keeps running in the background.
10. FlashBack.FlashBack is one of the best options in its category when it comes to finding an alternative for capturing video clips of your screen. If you are not able to afford Camtasia that doesn't mean, you have to compromise the quality of your project.
In fact, these types of alternatives of Camtasia allow you to create good and quality projects, and FlashBack is a good example of that. FlashBack screen recorder is the fastest way to capture and record any video. It also applicable for Windows and Mac OS Pros:
- Simple and easy to record videos.
- Can be export AVI, WMV, Gif, standalone EXE, Flash video.
- Easy to use for beginners without technical skills.
- It works on all platforms.
- Must to register with an email address to get the software.
- You can’t edit the recorded files in the free version.